Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OCI for Indian Born person with one parent born in Pakistan (But currently Indian)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OCI for Indian Born person with one parent born in Pakistan (But currently Indian)

Hi,

I was born in India and was citizen of India for many years and I moved to Canada. Recently I got Canadian citizenship and was going to apply for OCI and I was surprised to learn that I am not eligible for OCI because my mother was born in Pakistan (She is an Indian citizen). My father is also an Indian citizen and was born in India.

Is there any way to get OCI through any exception or my whole bloodline is doomed just because my mother was born in Pakistan???

Is there any other way to stay in India for long term as we have business in India and I intend to move in India in future?

This is really a shock to learn that OCI is not available even if I was born in India and was Indian for most part of my life! Why do they care so much about where my mother was born and why hate pakistan so much? Even the person who was born in pakistan is Indian now (my mother) and I cannot get even OCI!

Any help or suggestion would be appreciated.

Thanks,

All I can say is this is illogical and makes no sense considering your mother is Indian citizen and your father was Indian born. More importantly, YOU were born in India and lived there as citizen for many years. Regardless of birthplace or nationality of your parents, you should be entitled to OCI status.

Send email or tweet to Sushama Swaraj.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X