Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre-OPT time not deducted from Post-OPT

Hi all,

I have worked on Pre-OPT part time (20hr/week) for about 3 months(1/13/2016 - 5/6/2016) and I have applied for Post-OPT in March and got it approved by end of March. I have sent my pre-opt scan and I-20 requesting reduced period with calculated start and end-dates(6/6/2016 - 9/4/2016) along with my post-opt application. But the problem is my PRE-OPT period was not reduced from POST-OPT and i was approved for full 12 months(6/6/2016 - 6/5/2017). I am fine with contacting USCIS and getting it corrected. But my university's student advisor said I have to stop working until USCIS corrects my EAC and sends a new one, which is a problem as i already started working and my job would be stake if i take a break now.

1. Is it going to be any problem in future while applying for STEM extension/H1 etc if i leave it as is?
    2. Do i have to stop working if i ask USCIS for a corrected card? If so what about the POST-OPT time i would lose while processing? will that be counted as unemployed days?
    3. Also the student advisor said i would need to get a letter from my employer stating i would stop working until i receive new EAC and send it to USCIS. Is it really required?

Any suggestions are much appreciated. Thanks in advance for your time.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X