"Administrative Processing" for B1/B2 visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Administrative Processing" for B1/B2 visa

I had my interview last Wednesday (July 6, 2016). The interview went smoothly but the consul who interviewed me didn't tell me if my visa was approved or denied. She did not give me any kind of paper. She said they will email me if they need documents from me (they haven't done that yet so far) and also said that if I don't hear from them within 4 days then it sure that I will get a US visa. I checked my status now and it still says administrative processing. has somebody also experienced this before? what is the chance of me getting an approved visa?

thanks so much!

Depends what kind of additional documents they are looking for. Sometime administrative processing takes time but it varies.

Similar thread, http://www.immihelp.com/forum/showth...ration-process
    This is not a legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Comment

You Visa will likely be issued in 1 or 2 days.

Comment

Originally posted by Robin Puri View Post
        You Visa will likely be issued in 1 or 2 days.
        How can you say that? AP is a black hole. It can take weeks or months. Don't give people false hope.

Comment

Originally posted by VNK View Post
          How can you say that? AP is a black hole. It can take weeks or months. Don't give people false hope.

Haven't heard from the consulate yet for 9 days.. so frustrating..

Comment

Applying as a Filipino from Shanghai-China, where you are presumably on a work visa, can take time for background checks. The officer has to verify you're not another single female from the Philippines who forgets to return home once given a US visit visa. AP takes as long as it takes.

Some embassies are known to say something soothing to get the applicant to leave the window. Not saying that happened in your case, but it happens once in a while.

Comment

Hello guys.. Visa status changed to "ISSUED" today. Is it safe to assume that I got the visa?

Comment

"Administrative Processing" for B1/B2 visa

Originally posted by shiny03 View Post
                Hello guys.. Visa status changed to "ISSUED" today. Is it safe to assume that I got the visa?
                Yes, it means the visa that was applied for has been issued.

This is my opinion and not legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Trinity71

Comment

hello guys finally got my passport last July 20, 2016. I got 10 years US visa! thanks for those who replied..

july 6 - interview at the consulate. didn't say if i was approved or denied, no slips given.
                  july 7-14 - administrative processing
                  july 15 - administrative processing but they have updated the date
                  july 18 - visa application status is "ISSUED" / passport is in transit from post.
                  july 20 - got my passport in the mail with 10 yrs US visa!

Comment

B1 visa administrative processing_frustrating!

I am also facing the same issue, Consulate officer said that your visa is approved but the status shows that " administrative processing". Don't know what to do. My interview was done today only and one of colleague as well , but for him, status is showing as "Issued" but for me " administrative processing". There is anything that I can do now except for wait as I don't have much patience .

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by qwerty389 View Post
                      I am also facing the same issue, Consulate officer said that your visa is approved but the status shows that " administrative processing". Don't know what to do. My interview was done today only and one of colleague as well , but for him, status is showing as "Issued" but for me " administrative processing". There is anything that I can do now except for wait as I don't have much patience .

Thanks
                      I totally feel you. I was in your shoes before. It's so dreadful not knowing if you really got the visa or not. They say that "administrative processing" is just the "check". Just be patient! The consular said you are approved so you will eventually get it after they finish checking whatever it is they're checking.

Comment

please your advice

Did you sned any reminders mail to the embassy when they kept your status as administrative prcessing ?
                        my case is same as you the consular didnt say if my visa approved or not he took the passport and tell me will update you on ohone or mail if any thing required :

Case Creation Date: 11-Dec-2016
                        Status Updated Date: 18-Dec-2016

till today the status is Administrative Processing .

if there is any action i can do please advice

Originally posted by shiny03 View Post
                        hello guys finally got my passport last July 20, 2016. I got 10 years US visa! thanks for those who replied..

july 6 - interview at the consulate. didn't say if i was approved or denied, no slips given.
                        july 7-14 - administrative processing
                        july 15 - administrative processing but they have updated the date
                        july 18 - visa application status is "ISSUED" / passport is in transit from post.
                        july 20 - got my passport in the mail with 10 yrs US visa!

Comment

yes i emailed them.

I sent an email to the consulate but they have the standard replies for everybody who emails them so nobody really did explain what's going on and when i can truly get my passport or if they have given me a visa. I have called their hotline a lot of times but they just told me to wait and be patient.

So I think that's the best advice I can give you -- wait patiently. I have been in your position before so I know what's going through your mind. If you did not receive any calls from them or any emails then "maybe" they have given you a visa. (I'm saying this because that's what happened in my case but we'll find out once you have your passport back.

Good luck!

Originally posted by ammarawd2005 View Post
                          Did you sned any reminders mail to the embassy when they kept your status as administrative prcessing ?
                          my case is same as you the consular didnt say if my visa approved or not he took the passport and tell me will update you on ohone or mail if any thing required :

Case Creation Date: 11-Dec-2016
                          Status Updated Date: 18-Dec-2016

till today the status is Administrative Processing .

if there is any action i can do please advice

Comment

Hi ^^
                            i applied on the 15th of this month and i got " Administrative Processing "

15th Administrative Processing
                            20th Administrative Processing " case updates "
                            27th Administrative Processing " case updates again "

can anyone tell me why it's taking that long ? or that's normal ?
                            and is there is a possibly of rejection ? did that happen with anyone before?

Comment

Hello there, I hope your case has been resolved. If not it is really nothing to be worried about. I went through the same thing during my visa process 4 years ago, but it was resolved in less than 2 weeks.

Administrative processing is used to verify that the individual(s) involved pose no threat to the United States.

If your name or something about your profile matches the record of anyone the US considers a threat, they put you on hold to confirm that you are in no way related to such person or event.

I believe the process should take a few weeks but its usually less than 60 days according to their website.

If you need more help, you can contact me here: olu (@) noabros.com

Hope you have a great time in the US!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X