Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rejection notice

Hey guys.
    I received a rejection notice today for my I-485 and I-765 application. Last week I received a notice of action that my I-130 application has been received and is in process.
    I have trouble figuring out what to do next.
    Here is what my rejection notice says:

For Form I-485
    Based on the information you provided, your priority date could not be established. Please resubmit your application with the proper documentation

The following documents may be provided:
    Your original form I-130 if you are filing concurrently;or
    Form I-140...
    Form I-360...
    A copy of your Form I-797 if the I-130, I-140, I-360 petition has already been filed/approved

Please be sure to complete the application fully, submit the appropriate fees and include all required supporting documents.

For Form I-765

The entire application package you filed along with any fees you submitted is being returned to you for the following reason:

The principal application could not be accepted for the reason specified on the related notice of action. Therefore the processing of all riding applications cannot continue.

What does that mean?
    I checked everything 10 times, everything is signed and the filling fee with the amount of $1070 was in the package. Can anyone help?

Did you include an I-130 form or an I-130 approval Notice of Actin from your petitoner, a U.S. citizen?

Or did you enter the U.S. with a K1 petition?

--Ray B

Originally posted by Ronjab View Post
    Hey guys.
    I received a rejection notice today for my I-485 and I-765 application. Last week I received a notice of action that my I-130 application has been received and is in process.
    I have trouble figuring out what to do next.
    Here is what my rejection notice says:

For Form I-485
    Based on the information you provided, your priority date could not be established. Please resubmit your application with the proper documentation

The following documents may be provided:
    Your original form I-130 if you are filing concurrently;or
    Form I-140...
    Form I-360...
    A copy of your Form I-797 if the I-130, I-140, I-360 petition has already been filed/approved

Please be sure to complete the application fully, submit the appropriate fees and include all required supporting documents.

For Form I-765

The entire application package you filed along with any fees you submitted is being returned to you for the following reason:

The principal application could not be accepted for the reason specified on the related notice of action. Therefore the processing of all riding applications cannot continue.

What does that mean?
    I checked everything 10 times, everything is signed and the filling fee with the amount of $1070 was in the package. Can anyone help?

Comment

Ok I think that's the problem. I should have send the I-130, I-485 and I-765 together to the same lockbox instead of sending the I-130 to a different location. I got the notice of action back for my I-130 that it has been received. So I guess I have to send it with my other paperwork. I am applying from the U.S for my citizenship. I entered the US with a J1 visa.

Comment

The I-485 package needed to be included with the I-130 submittal at the same time, or a copy of the Approval Notice of Action.

If you are applying for Adjustment based on marriage to a U.S. citizen, you will be eligible to apply for Adjustment of Status and are immediately for an "Immediate Priority" immigrant category.

--Ray B

Originally posted by Ronjab View Post
        Ok I think that's the problem. I should have send the I-130, I-485 and I-765 together to the same lockbox instead of sending the I-130 to a different location. I got the notice of action back for my I-130 that it has been received. So I guess I have to send it with my other paperwork. I am applying from the U.S for my citizenship. I entered the US with a J1 visa.

Comment

Thank you for helping me!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X