Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• visa transfer denial is visa refusal?

Hello Gurus,

May be this is a silly question. But really appreciate if you can clear this up for me.

I have been working with employer A for 6 years and applied for visa transfer to employer B. But this transfer was denied because of lacking the client letter in the application. Later same employer applied for a new H1B visa with the same client but this time with client letter which got approved. I had to travel back to India during this window and then came to USA with work status. Now with my I140 approved, i am travelling to India for vacation with my visa extension approved. Now the question is, as I am appearing for consulate interview for stamping the new H1B visa in passport, the DS 160 and interview application form asks about previous visa revokes or refusals. Does visa transfer denial is considered to be visa refusal. May be i am confusing myself. Really appreciate the comments.

thank you
    Rahul

Originally posted by rahul_isat View Post
    Hello Gurus,

May be this is a silly question. But really appreciate if you can clear this up for me.

I have been working with employer A for 6 years and applied for visa transfer to employer B. But this transfer was denied because of lacking the client letter in the application. Later same employer applied for a new H1B visa with the same client but this time with client letter which got approved. I had to travel back to India during this window and then came to USA with work status. Now with my I140 approved, i am travelling to India for vacation with my visa extension approved. Now the question is, as I am appearing for consulate interview for stamping the new H1B visa in passport, the DS 160 and interview application form asks about previous visa revokes or refusals. Does visa transfer denial is considered to be visa refusal. May be i am confusing myself. Really appreciate the comments.

thank you
    Rahul
    No its not.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      No its not.

This is my opinion not legal advice.
      Thanks Raghvi. My main confusion was, as for the new employer B is considered, its a new visa petition for them. am I right? and most of the forums I read states that if you ever encounter a refusal or denial anywhere in the application, then say YES to the previous visa revoked question and provide the comments in detail. So does this question really mean for a fresh H1 application is denied or not? Visa transfer is not considered as a visa application? Sorry for too much question. As I one went through a lot of difficulties because of the visa transfer denial, just trying to make sure what I am reading is right.

Really appreciate.
      Rahul

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X