Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passport Renewal No Legal Status

Hi Everyone,

I applied for renewal of the Indian passport with the Chicago Consulate on June 17, 2016. As my visa had expired I had to provide a No Status Affidavit along with two witnesses who are Indian citizens and greencard holiders.

I explained to them that my visa expired but I am married to a US citizen and we are about to file for my permanent residency. However, in order for me to start this process I need a valid passport. The Consulate has outsourced its passport operations to Cox & Kings. On July 11, 2016 Cox & Kings tracking page said that Consulate needs legal status. As the applicant does not have legal status they will be sending my application back.

I am not sure what to do now. I cannot get a passport without a valid status but in order to get a valid status I need a passport. Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks.

Passport Renewal No Legal Status

For applying GC under family (spouse) you don't need your home passport to be valid.
    All you have to prove us that you entered legally. This is via immigration stamp.

Comment

Originally posted by ravi_niu View Post
      For applying GC under family (spouse) you don't need your home passport to be valid.
      All you have to prove us that you entered legally. This is via immigration stamp.
      thank you for the reply ravi.

I thought I would need a valid passport for the medical examination and to appear for the biometrics examination. Different USCIS field offices have different regulations for biometrics interview.

Also, I asked CKGS to provide me an update and they still haven't responded nor sent my application back. I am trying to call and email them everyday to get an update however they aren't answering my questions nor have they sent the passport back to me.

Comment

Any update

Any update on how this one my girlfriend is going to the same predicament we are planning on getting married

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X