Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 to F1 Visa Stamping in Canada

Hello

My wife is currently on H4 visa valid till Sep 30- 2016.

1) She would like to to study in USA on F1 visa (received I-20 as well). if we decide to go Canada for her F1 stamping (end of July 2016) can she get her student visa stamped to F1 visa? Is it advisible?

2) Also, in worst case scenario if F1 visa is rejecected, can she travel back to USA with the current Valid H4 visa or H4 visa is also cancelled due to F1 denial?

Please note we am not doing a change of status for my visa within USA, instead thinking to go to Canada for stamping from H4 to F1.

3) Additionally, my current H1B Visa Extension is in process, so can I travel to Canada (in July - 2016) with the current validity of my H1B till Sep 2016? or if I travel my I-94# number will change and it might cause some issue with the extension process.

Please advice.

Experience Feedback

Hi ,

I see its been an year since you posted the question . I am in a similar situation and considering to go for H4 to F1 stamping in Canada sometime this year. Hoping if you can share your stamping experience. Appreciate your help .

Regards
    Roshini

Comment

H4 to F1

Hi roshinis674

If you have not yet applied this may help you out.

Even I am in same situation. Couple of days back I applied for Vancouver embassy to change from H4 to F1( gave a try). Unexpectedly I got approved which I never expected.

Interview was cool ..I was asked just two questions GPA(finished few courses on H4) and University name. After answering I heard the beautiful word from his mouth APPROVED.

Later landed in US on F1.

Rgds.

Comment

Originally posted by Santhosh2908 View Post
        Hi roshinis674

Even I am in same situation. Couple of days back I applied for Vancouver embassy to change from H4 to F1( gave a try). Unexpectedly I got approved which I never expected.

Interview was cool ..I was asked just two questions GPA(finished few courses on H4) and University name. After answering I heard the beautiful word from his mouth APPROVED.

Rgds.

Thanks for the reply.
        I have an appointment in Montreal next month and wanted to know how long did it take for you to collect your passport once it was approved. Need to make travel arrangements accordingly and what all documents did you take for the interview.

Regards.
        Last edited by roshinis674; 08-21-2017, 03:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Santhosh2908 View Post
          Hi roshinis674

Rgds.
          Hi Santhosh2908,
          I have some questions regarding converting H4 to F1. I will appreciate if you can reach out to me on [email protected] so we can connect. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by roshinis674 View Post
            Thanks for the reply.
            I have an appointment in Montreal next month and wanted to know how long did it take for you to collect your passport once it was approved. Need to make travel arrangements accordingly and what all documents did you take for the interview.

Regards.
            Hi Roshini,

I am planning to consider Canada for my F1 stamping. Can you please tell me how was your F1 interview and is it approved?

Thank you in Advance.

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

Regards.
              Hi roshinis674@, Did you get your H4 to F1 visa stamped in Montreal ? How did the process go ? Please let me know details/you can email me personally.
              Thanks in advance.

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

Regards.
                Hi Roshni,

Am Navya, looking forward to applying for stamping in Canada(Toronto) from H4 to F1. Can you please let me know the process of applying and required documents for stamping. Last time i applied for stamping in my home country got denied, so is this a good choice to travelling to canada? If my visa got rejected,is there any impact on my H4? i mean whether i have to move to my home country or i can return back to USA.? Ypou can connect me through my email also [email protected]

Please respond to me. Your help would be appreciated.
                Thanks in advance.

Navya,

Comment

h4 to h1 cos

Hi Navya,

I am also planning to go to Canada for Stamping this MAY. Please let me know if you get any more details on this. You can connect me through my email [email protected]
                  Appreciate your help.

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                  Hi Roshni,

Am Navya, looking forward to applying for stamping in Canada(Toronto) from H4 to F1. Can you please let me know the process of applying and required documents for stamping. Last time i applied for stamping in my home country got denied, so is this a good choice to travelling to canada? If my visa got rejected,is there any impact on my H4? i mean whether i have to move to my home country or i can return back to USA.? Ypou can connect me through my email also [email protected]

Please respond to me. Your help would be appreciated.
                  Thanks in advance.

Navya,

Comment

Hi everyone,

I am on H4 visa and I am planning to study. I applied at couple of universities and got admission in one of the university. My term starts from May 2020. Before that I want to convert my visa and get f1 visa stamped. I was initially planning to visit my home country India during the month of April and get the visa stamped. Due to the current scenario of corona virus, it’s not possible for me to travel to India, therefore I’m planning to get my visa stamped in Canada. I want some advices and suggestions is Canada a good option to get f1 visa stamped ?

Comment

Hello Everyone,

I am on H4 visa and I am planning to study. I got admission in one of the university. My term starts from August 2020. Before that I want to convert my visa and get f1 visa stamped. Due to the current scenario of corona virus, it’s not possible for me to travel to India, therefore I’m planning to get my visa stamped in Canada. I need some advice and suggestions to know if Canada is a good option to get f1 visa stamped. Kindly help me.

Thank you

Comment

apply for H4 to F1 COS and start your studies.
                        No need to get a stamp right away. Let the covid-19 situation settle down.

Canada is a good option
                        Opinion only. Cannot be construed as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                        X