J1 Visa printed in old passport.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J1 Visa printed in old passport.

Having emailed the immigration support address I was told simply to ask my question on here so that's what I am doing (as well as emailing every other more "official" governing body I can think of to hopefully get an answer!!

I am a UK citizen currently working in the US. I originally arrived on a J-1 scholar visa which was printed in my passport with an expiration date of 7/31/16. In the last few months I have applied and was granted an extension on this J-1 visa for an additional 3 years (new expiration 7/31/19). I have a valid DS2019 which confirms this extension. I am uncertain whether I need to have a new immigrant visa printed in my passport that also confirms this new expiration date and if so how I should begin this process.

Secondly my passport (with the original printed immigrant visa) expires in September 2016 and I have been issued a new passport. Do I require a printed visa in my new passport or can I use both my old and new passports to travel (assuming that no action needs to occur in relation to my question above)? I have been advised unclearly from custom and border protection officers on the last 2 occasions that I returned to the US from vacation.

I appreciate any help with this matter. Thanks!

You don't need visa stamp in new passport. You can carry both passport. Please read faq # 2,
    USA Visa FAQ - general FAQ related to USA non-immigrant visas
    This is not a legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X