Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should I apply F2 VISA while primary F1 OPT application is pending?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I apply F2 VISA while primary F1 OPT application is pending?

I have applied for the OPT on June 13, 2016. The program end date on I20 is September 11, 2016. I am planning on getting married in the first or second week of August. I have not received EAD card yet, expecting to receive it sometime in the month of August (roughly 2months of processing time). I will start my full-time job after I receive EAD and STEM extension is possible. I have below questions.

1. Will there be any problem during my wife's F2 VISA, if she appears for the VISA interview after August 15 and beore OPT approval? I am concerned because my program end date is September 11 and Consulate may say why the wife wants to go the US if the husband's program is ending in couple of weeks.

2. Will there still be less chances of getting F2 VISA, if VISA appointment date is after my OPT gets approved and before the program end date?

3. If we get married before OPT approval but appear for VISA interview after the program end date, what problems it may create during F2 VISA processing?

In any case, please suggest how we should work on this. What dates (for marriage and VISA application and wife's entry in the US) we should choose so that the probability of my wife getting F2 VISA is high and there wont be any problem for her at the time of airport entry.
    Last edited by pacificrain; 07-14-2016, 07:44 PM.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X