J1 to J2 Problem!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J1 to J2 Problem!!

I'm facing a bad situation. Currently, I do research on J1 that expires Jan 31st, 2017. Soon, I will get married and will need to go back home and terminate my visa as my current position will be terminated, and I'm not sure if I can find a new one before I get married. Also, I will need to stay home 3-4 months for my marriage so I don't think a new position now would allow me to start with an absence leave. My wife will come to the States on J1 for her Ph.D. The question is: Can I go back to the States with her on J2 Visa provided that I'm not subjected to 212 role, but my visa office here says I will need to stay outside the States for two years before being able to come back on ANY of the J categories. Any solution for my situation? Thanks.

J2 dependent can work

Hello,

I am writing to find out if J2 visa holder will get work authorization even if J1 doesn't have any income and is currently participating in research at Mayo clinic. Could you please let me know if a letter explaining all the funds availability for J1 be sufficient to get an approval.

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Ahmed Ismail Salem View Post
      I'm facing a bad situation. Currently, I do research on J1 that expires Jan 31st, 2017. Soon, I will get married and will need to go back home and terminate my visa as my current position will be terminated, and I'm not sure if I can find a new one before I get married. Also, I will need to stay home 3-4 months for my marriage so I don't think a new position now would allow me to start with an absence leave. My wife will come to the States on J1 for her Ph.D. The question is: Can I go back to the States with her on J2 Visa provided that I'm not subjected to 212 role, but my visa office here says I will need to stay outside the States for two years before being able to come back on ANY of the J categories. Any solution for my situation? Thanks.
      I am in the same situation. How did things worked out for you?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X