Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it possible to extend an ESTA to a Green Card?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible to extend an ESTA to a Green Card?

Alright, some Background: My husband (American citizen) and I met online and he moved to Germany (where I was born and raised) and we got married here.
    Now we have realized that things aren't working out for us in Germany, mainly because I am mentally ill and can't work as a result and he, as a foregin immigrant, can't seem to find a job here, so we have decided to move back to the US.
    We've already looked into filing for a Green Card from Germany and then going to US after my immigrant VISA is approved. However, this can take up to six months, I have a very toxic relationship with my family (which, to put it mildly, makes me want to get the h*ll out of this country as soon as possible) and we're running low on funds, not knowing how we're supposed to get through another six possible months. Let alone play the $420 filing fee for the Green Card.
    My husband has a Job oppotunity back in the States. (His old job, before he left for Germany, they told him he could come back anytime if something goes wrong. He has already contacted them and it's looking good.)

Now, I've been in the US before my husband and I got married, and I got there on an ESTA. Now I'm wondering, is it possible for me to get to the US on an ESTA and file for a Green Card within the 90 days I'm allowed to stay?
    Research online gave me mixed answers. Some sources said that if my husband is filing for a Green Card for me in the US I am not allowed to enter the US until it's apporoved, other sources say it's very much possible to file for a Green Card while on an ESTA, provided that I am an immediate relative to a US citizen.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X