Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you travel with reentry permit to Europe without a visa?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you travel with reentry permit to Europe without a visa?

Can I use reentry permit to travel to Germany and other parts of Europe without getting a visa?

No. The Reentry Permit is not a visa to enter other countries. It is proof of your temporary authority to reenter the U.S. under special circumstances, or to demonstrate "intent to return" when leaving the U.S.

--Ray B

Originally posted by superduper View Post
    Can I use reentry permit to travel to Germany and other parts of Europe without getting a visa?

Comment

Originally posted by rayb View Post
      No. The Reentry Permit is not a visa to enter other countries. It is proof of your temporary authority to reenter the U.S. under special circumstances, or to demonstrate "intent to return" when leaving the U.S.

--Ray B
      Doesn't it says TRAVEL DOCUMENT on it?

Comment

You asked whether you can use that as authority to enter Germany, and the answer is no. It's a U.S. document, not a European visa.

--Ray B

Doesn't it says TRAVEL DOCUMENT on it?

Comment

Originally posted by rayb View Post
          You asked whether you can use that as authority to enter Germany, and the answer is no. It's a U.S. document, not a European visa.

--Ray B
          I thought it's similar to Refugee Travel Document, which doesn't require a visa to enter in Germany, Netherlands, Belgium, Slovakia, and Hungary.

Comment

Its purpose is to allow you to reenter the U.S. after being outside the U.S. a year and up to two years, or to show "intent to return to the U.S." when making frequent trips outside the U.S. It's not a European pass. It's a U.S. government-issued document.

--Ray B

I thought it's similar to Refugee Travel Document, which doesn't require a visa to enter in Germany, Netherlands, Belgium, Slovakia, and Hungary.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X