Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NIW and transferring J1 sponsorship at the same time

Dear all,

I have a very urgent question and I would sincerely appreciate if you kindly advise me on this.

I'm a postdoctoral research fellow at the University of Michigan at Ann Arbor. I have received an invitation from University of Texas at Austin in order to go there and become a postdoctoral research fellow there from beginning of Oct. 2016. Currently, I'm on J-1 visa right now and my contract and DS2019 expires at the end of Jan. 2017. Last week they contacted me from The UT Austin and asked me some documents in order to initiate transferring my J-1.

Since two months back, I have also been preparing my application for NIW (green card) and my lawyer is ready to submit my application this week.

The problem is that these two applications are going to be submitted about the same time. Do you think I should postpone submitting my NIW application until my J-1 transfer procedure ends? Or you think there will be no problem with submitting my NIW and initiating transfer of my J1 at the same time?

I would really appreciate if you kindly advise me on this,

Best regards

J2 dependent can work

Hello,

I am writing to find out if J2 visa holder will get work authorization even if J1 doesn't have any income and is currently participating in research at Mayo clinic. Could you please let me know if a letter explaining all the funds availability for J1 be sufficient to get an approval.

Thank you

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X