Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

L1 Petition - Change of Consulate Country ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 Petition - Change of Consulate Country ?

Hello,

I see there are long waits for L1 visa stamping in my home country (India) ( ~ 90 calendar days). I guess we should book a schedule only post receipt of approved petition , right ??

I am also a long term resident of another country presently (Thailand) as I have valid work and resident permit there. The wait time is only 6 calendar days there. Is it possible to take all the necessary documents and apply for stamping in the embassy in the other country. I am still there and can easily provide evidences of my residential status including apartment, taxes, local registrations etc.

Basically want to apply for stamping in this country where I have been staying for the last 2 years already. Please advise if its possible.

Originally posted by AKAI View Post
    Hello,

I see there are long waits for L1 visa stamping in my home country (India) ( ~ 90 calendar days). I guess we should book a schedule only post receipt of approved petition , right ??

I am also a long term resident of another country presently (Thailand) as I have valid work and resident permit there. The wait time is only 6 calendar days there. Is it possible to take all the necessary documents and apply for stamping in the embassy in the other country. I am still there and can easily provide evidences of my residential status including apartment, taxes, local registrations etc.

Basically want to apply for stamping in this country where I have been staying for the last 2 years already. Please advise if its possible.
    Is it the Thailand branch which is transferring you to US or the Indian branch?

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      Is it the Thailand branch which is transferring you to US or the Indian branch?
      Indian branch sent me to Thailand for 2 years.. now planning to send me to US.. basically secondment from India to Thailand and now India to US..

Comment

Indian branch sent me to Thailand for 2 years.. now planning to send me to US.. basically secondment from India to Thailand and now India to US..
        Bump ...
        Basically looking for options to accelerate visa stamping post petition approval .. so its more of change if consulate location in petition..

I see two options.. not sure if allowed or not :
        Changing of consulate location in same country of where I am citizen (India)
        Changing of cosulate location to another country where I am a legal resident too (Thailand)

Comment

Bump

Bump ...
          Basically looking for options to accelerate visa stamping post petition approval .. so its more of change if consulate location in petition..

I see two options.. not sure if allowed or not :
          Changing of consulate location in same country of where I am citizen (India)
          Changing of cosulate location to another country where I am a legal resident too (Thailand)
          Can we apply to another embassy / consulate location for stamping other than what is mentioned in Part 4 of the I-129 ? Or does that have to be modified ?

Appreciate a reply.. thanks..
          Last edited by AKAI; 08-24-2016, 03:46 PM.

Comment

Can we apply to another embassy / consulate location for stamping other than what is mentioned in Part 4 of the I-129 ? Or does that have to be modified ?

Appreciate a reply.. thanks..
            You would have to get a revised I129.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
              You would have to get a revised I129.

This is my opinion not legal advice.
              Thanks for your reply..

This is for both change of location outside that country (eg. I-129 states Thailand whereas application is being done from India) or also for situations within the same country (eg.. applying in Delhi whereas I-129 states Chennai) ?

The Revised I-129 process is a simple process considering the nature of change or its the whole cycle again ?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X