Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F1 visa to H1 visa without OPT

Hello,

I will be graduating on August 7th 2016. During my course work I had an offer from a company and the company filed h1 for me in the 2016 window.
    My h1 got approved. When I spoke to my university advisor, he told me that now that I have a h1, I do not have to apply for OPT and can start working by October 1st 2016. He said even if I do, USCIS will deny my application because of my h1 criteria. So here are the two questions that I have.

1. What would be my status from August 1st until October 1st ?

2. Do I fall into CAP-GAP extension category?

Thanks,

Shruthi

Originally posted by Shruthi218 View Post
    Hello,

I will be graduating on August 7th 2016. During my course work I had an offer from a company and the company filed h1 for me in the 2016 window.
    My h1 got approved. When I spoke to my university advisor, he told me that now that I have a h1, I do not have to apply for OPT and can start working by October 1st 2016. He said even if I do, USCIS will deny my application because of my h1 criteria. So here are the two questions that I have.

1. What would be my status from August 1st until October 1st ?

2. Do I fall into CAP-GAP extension category?

Thanks,

Shruthi
    your status would be in CAP GAP, and you will be okay until October 1st. You can start working on your H1B visa October 1st.
    This is purely my opinion and does not constitute legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X