Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Previous already expired H1B revocation notice

Today I had got an email from USCIS which says the below

On July 20, 2016, we revoked the approval of your case, Receipt Number WAC1121 YYYY XX, and mailed you a revocation notice.
    It explains the reasons for our action. Please follow the instructions in the notice and submit any requested materials.

This was my latest H1B prior getting my Green Card and this petition was valid from 11/21/2011 to 11/17/2014.

not sure whats the value addition in revoking an already expired petition

My GC was filed by my Employer and I got my GC in Dec 2014 (GC & the above H1B are from same employer) and I quit employer in Jan 2016.

Appreciate if you could lemme know the implications of this.

thanks in advance

Revokation of prior H1B petition

Originally posted by mail2aly View Post
    Today I had got an email from USCIS which says the below

On July 20, 2016, we revoked the approval of your case, Receipt Number WAC1121 YYYY XX, and mailed you a revocation notice.
    It explains the reasons for our action. Please follow the instructions in the notice and submit any requested materials.

This was my latest H1B prior getting my Green Card and this petition was valid from 11/21/2011 to 11/17/2014.

not sure whats the value addition in revoking an already expired petition

My GC was filed by my Employer and I got my GC in Dec 2014 (GC & the above H1B are from same employer) and I quit employer in Jan 2016.

Appreciate if you could lemme know the implications of this.

thanks in advance
    You should wait until the you get the revocation notice. Normally once you get a green card, you are done with the non-immigrant side of the immigration law, but if the prior petition was revoked for fraud, you might want to consult an attorney who can help you further, because they may come after you green card (but I don't think they will). Just seek legal advice.
    This is purely my opinion and does not constitute legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X