H1B Address Change for same employer in same city

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Address Change for same employer in same city

I work full-time for an employer (about 250 employees) in New York at his worksite, directly supervised by him. I have my H1B approved, and will begin my H1B from October. My employer is moving his entire worksite to an adjacent building (less than 2 miles radius) in 2 months. The new address is in the same metropolican statistical area. Does my employer need to apply for a new LCA and does he need to amend my H1B. I am planning to visit India this November. What address should I put in DS-160? Can I place the old address since that will be the address during my writing of DS-160, and take a letter from an HR saying that the address has been changed?

Moving job location

Your employer should file an amended petition just because that is the guidance as of last year. Your employer does not need a new Labor Condition Application because it is within the same geographical area. But you will need to provide all your documentations over again, with an explanation of why they are filing an amended petition.
    This is purely my opinion and does not constitute legal advice.

Comment

Thank you for the response, mindrd.

But, this link suggests otherwise:

This suggests that if the employer belongs to the same MSA, then they need not file new LCA or amend H1B. Am I missing something?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X