X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terribly problematic case, what to do

So.

This case is crazy.

I applied for my citizenship on 18 May 2016.
    after few days I got letter that they got my case and the receipt that I paid the fee.
    after a week I got a letter with the biometrical appointment.
    at 9 June I got my biometrical appointment done
    at 10 June I get letter that my case is denied because I didn't pay the fee and they will send invoice with info how to make a payment.

SO I called USCIS and I heard that everything is fine, case is pending. Ok but I just got letter that its not, and the website says the same.
    But their computer says the same.

I was calling every two days for 2 weeks and getting the same answer.
    After few weeks I got letter that my case is rejected because I didn't pay the fee after 14 days from getting the invoice. Sorry but wtf I never get the invoice?!

So I called them for another 2 weeks every two or few days and getting the same answer, all is good, case is in line for interview.

Finally one day I called, few days ago and I heard that yeah its rejected because of no payment and I should get letter soon saying what to do and how to pay and what happened(it has like 4 days left to come so I doubt it rly)
    and they don't see that I ever went to the biometrical appointment. (that was best part of my day)

I rly don't know what more to do, I send them check idk what was possibly wrong with that I checked it like 20 times, after all I got receipt paid, went to biometrical and than got rejected. Now they don't see that I went to biometrical.

Someone pls help because I don't know any longer what to do.

take an infopass appointement and go in talk to the center who is processed your casa

Comment

Does it have to be in the same center that pricessed my case? Asking because here is no free spots for 2 weeks or more and I have found free one 2 hours away, I just would like to make this thing clear as soon as possible, but obviously would like to do it right, that where is my question from.

Pls answer quick

Comment

I-797c

Originally posted by idkn View Post
        Does it have to be in the same center that pricessed my case? Asking because here is no free spots for 2 weeks or more and I have found free one 2 hours away, I just would like to make this thing clear as soon as possible, but obviously would like to do it right, that where is my question from.

Pls answer quick
        You should be in posession of TWO Notice of Action Form I-797c.
        The first is your notice of action listing the particulars of your case including what you paid and what you owe.
        Your second 797c is your biometric capture letter which if you showed up to your appointment will be stamped by the CBP Officer at the door as you have a scanner bar at the top.
        Make an appointment at your nearest field office and show your evidence I-797c's

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian Gruber View Post
          You should be in posession of TWO Notice of Action Form I-797c.
          The first is your notice of action listing the particulars of your case including what you paid and what you owe.
          Your second 797c is your biometric capture letter which if you showed up to your appointment will be stamped by the CBP Officer at the door as you have a scanner bar at the top.
          Make an appointment at your nearest field office and show your evidence I-797c's
          Yes I have all those things, but what if I made appointment not in the nearest but 2 h away because it was faster, is it ok?

Comment

Originally posted by idkn View Post
            Yes I have all those things, but what if I made appointment not in the nearest but 2 h away because it was faster, is it ok?
            I can't answer that but I would go to the office you booked the appointment.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian Gruber View Post
              I can't answer that but I would go to the office you booked the appointment.
              Ok thx for advice, will do. Yeah I think its not good idea to cancel anyways.

Comment

after INFOPASS info

So if anyone is interested I went to the info pass meeting today.

I had appointment at 1 - went inside the meeting at 4.30. The officer was super nice and friendly and was trying to help best that she could. Appreciate.

Anyways.

The officer looked at my case and honestly had no idea wth, we needed to talk to 3 more people about it.

She said that immigration hired the new company that is taking care of the papers and they can't even see what is wrong, because according to her computer everything was fine, the balance due is $0 and she see that I had my fingerprints taken. She also said, that if I had the fingerprints taken there must have been a payment, because no-one can go to the fingerprints without the payment.

What more. 3 weeks ago when I was calling them the officer told me that he doesn't see that I had my fingerprints taken and said that he's sending the fingerprints appointment now and should be in my mailbox in about 3 days.

So I am guessing that the officer today saw that letter and print it for me and as soon as I got to the house I saw the letter in my mailbox sending me to fingerprints - IN 3 DAYS lol.

Anyways. She gave me the number to this company that is taking care of everything and I am gonna be calling tomorrow and see what they gonna say. I couldn't do it before because
                1. I had no idea that some new hired company is taking care of paper work for immigration (which is totally not helpful for nobody)
                2. Every letter that I got says IF ANY QUESTIONS CALL NUMBER (immigration - not the new company that could actually answer my questions, because they don't communicate well with immigration people as I am guessing and as the officer told me today)

So as I said I never got the invoice, but got rejection letter saying that I didn't pay again after 14 days from getting invoice. Cool
                I was supposed to get all my case with the check and explanation what went wrong and what to do by 07/27 - its 08/01 never got it. Cool

So the officer today said also that I can apply now for fee waiver with the explanation what is going on with my case.

The last thing I want to do is wait 5-8 months for the letter with invitation for interview and after that call and hear - yeah u have been rejected months ago, you can apply again or whatever like that.

If anyone have ANY idea what to do, because I already don't I would be VERY VERY satisfied.

My case is terrible mess and I rly don't feel good about it, it terrible feeling when u have no idea what is going on and how to fix it.

Comment

Someone please help - another day

Another day, another update.

Today I called this company that was taking care of my payment and they told me that they don't know anything because they don't have my record and I have to call the immigration again and ask them why other company don't have it.

Sooo I called the immigration and person on the phone told me that they stopped my case last friday, because of no payment ... ... ... I said that I am calling from two months to ask how to do this payment that didn't go through and nobody can't answer me. He said to talk to the officer tomorrow, that they will call me.

I HONESTLY DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO ANYMORE. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP?

I never got the letter how to make this payment again and they have been saying from months that they see the payment and all is good. Now all this... And that the only thing that is holding them to send the case to another level is MY PAYMENT.

I have no idea why they never cashed this check that I sent, no-one never told me. I REALLY WANT TO PAY AND MOVE FORWARD WITH THIS CASE.

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!

I am loosing all my hope already even about tomorrow call. I talked so many times to the officers that I no longer hope that someone finally will help me move with all this.

WHAT TO DO?

Comment

Ombudsman important pls answer

3rd day no call from them.

I findout I can do CASE ASSISTANT FORM by Ombudsman.

CAN ANYONE SAY IS IT A GOOD IDEA? especially while I can't do anything more and can't get any other help? SOMEONE ANSWER ASAP PLS

Comment

it is unclear if you paid or not. From the last msg i gather that they didn't cash your check which means you didn't pay (or at least they got no payment). If that is the case, the simplest is to file anther application, (should be easy if you kept copies) and to be on the safe side, call your bank to cancel the original check so you don't get double-charged.

if you did pay and the check was cashed, go back to their office and ask to speak with a supervisor.

Comment

yhh

Originally posted by Allopez View Post
                        it is unclear if you paid or not. From the last msg i gather that they didn't cash your check which means you didn't pay (or at least they got no payment). If that is the case, the simplest is to file anther application, (should be easy if you kept copies) and to be on the safe side, call your bank to cancel the original check so you don't get double-charged.

if you did pay and the check was cashed, go back to their office and ask to speak with a supervisor.

No, the payment never went through. I was calling them how to make it etc. etc...

yeah.. I was thinking about new case, but they require court original papers, which they have (because I did send them), so they would return the case because of copies.

They were about to send all my papers and the check back and also explanation why the payment didn't go through, but it never happened.

Now I am waiting for Ombudsman move, nothing much I can do. This is really terrible and also annoying.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                        X