Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Case Status changed to Reopen

Hi,

A company filed H1B petition for me this year and it was picked in lottery. The application was in 'Case is received' status till yesterday but now it shows 'Case is reopen to reconsider the prior decision'. I checked the case history and don't see the petition being approved or denied before this status.

My understanding is that this status appears when you file a MTR for a denied case or USCIS reconsiders the decision if they already approved a petition but none of this happened in my case. I reached out to company attorney but didn't hear back from them yet. Can you please help me understand what can be a possible cause?
    This is just my opinion, not a legal advice.

Can someone please help clarify my question?

Comment

Originally posted by SKDS160 View Post
      Can someone please help clarify my question?
      Any suggestions, please?

Comment

Hi,

A company filed H1B petition for me this year and it was picked in lottery. The application was in 'Case is received' status till yesterday but now it shows 'Case is reopen to reconsider the prior decision'. I checked the case history and don't see the petition being approved or denied before this status.

My understanding is that this status appears when you file a MTR for a denied case or USCIS reconsiders the decision if they already approved a petition but none of this happened in my case. I reached out to company attorney but didn't hear back from them yet. Can you please help me understand what can be a possible cause?

Do not trust the online update. Some time it could be system glitch. Consult with you attorney.

Comment

Any further update on your case?

Hi,

Hi SKDS160, Do you have any further update on your case? I see the same status on my case too. I am confused what does this status mean. I would be great if you can share your experience.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X