Super urgent please help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super urgent please help!

Hello my attorney filled for an expedited travel document for me,USCIS received my application on the 27th of June 2016,I then received my receipt July 2nd 2016 ,after I received my biometric appointment for July 26th 2017,what I wanna know is I already purchased my ticket to depart august 1st 2016, to introduce my wife to family and to attend my brothers wedding and baby christening ,what I want to know is ,after completing my biometrics appointment on the 26th of July 2016 will my travel document get here before August 1st 2016 ..(I have no passport at the moment I lost it and its being reissued

The travel document ("Reentry Permit," I assume) won't be enough for you to travel abroad if you don't have a passport. You don't have to have the Reentry Permit before you leave, but it can be sent to you from home or delivered to a U.S. Consulate abroad.

--Ray B

Originally posted by Bahamas legend View Post
    Hello my attorney filled for an expedited travel document for me,USCIS received my application on the 27th of June 2016,I then received my receipt July 2nd 2016 ,after I received my biometric appointment for July 26th 2017,what I wanna know is I already purchased my ticket to depart august 1st 2016, to introduce my wife to family and to attend my brothers wedding and baby christening ,what I want to know is ,after completing my biometrics appointment on the 26th of July 2016 will my travel document get here before August 1st 2016 ..(I have no passport at the moment I lost it and its being reissued

Comment

Travel

You are cutting to close as your biometrics are sent to the FBI for review. And that takes at least 30-45 days if they are not back logged. I guessing you are a Bahamian citizen and you are wanting to travel back to the islands so I'm not familiar with Bahamian entry protocols. Because you are not in posession of a valid Passport re-entry back into the US will be denied by CBP as you no longer can re-enter with just a valid ID

Understand I'm no attorney, so consult an attorney before doing anything.

Comment

@ Ray b

Are you certain I wount be able to travel home with only a travel document ,my attorney said it shouldn't be a problem

Comment

@adrian grubber

What if I obtain my Bahamian passport while I'm home ,and also does biometrics take that long even if my case is expedited with cause by my attorney?

Comment

What if I obtain my Bahamian passport while I'm home ,and also does biometrics take that long even if my case is expedited with cause by my attorney?
            Fingerprints are handled by an outside agency so dependin on first in first out.

As I've explained, I am not an attorney. Consult your attorney for further advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X