Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I applied to extend my stay in Canada, but with only a week left...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I applied to extend my stay in Canada, but with only a week left...

I am a U.S citizen, married, and here with my wife working and waiting on immigrating back to the USA. I have been here since Feb. 2015, have been extending stays and no issues.

My extension expires July 31st, I applied again in June (mid-June), but the payment was 'processing' thus was denied, it happened before so we thought we'd wait (had no issues before). I checked today and it said my application did not submit, I checked and tried and pay again but it was denied because "LIMITED". We called the bank and no issues on their end.

I was wondering...

- Will this effect my application, if yes then how so? It says my application should be filed 30 days before my current one expires (Why?), but it does not say I HAVE to. What's gonna happen...?
    - I called their information center a year ago about something like this, just in case. They said I can submit as many applications as I want and I will be considered a visitor until' a decision is reached, so does that mean I could re-apply after this (while staying)?
    - Of course if I overstay then their site said I may have committed an offence. What could they mean by "may have"... are there exceptions... what are they?

I just don't want to be held responsible for something that wasn't my fault. I don't want to have bad terms as I and my wife have been following the laws to a T. In the past I have filed much further than 'before 30 days' and made my payments and everything correct (no delays). I have decided to include an explanation letter of what happened... will that even help at all?

Or am I all worked up over nothing? Any simple solutions (if solutions are needed)?

I will also be calling them Monday. I am just... desperate for some sort of answers right now/what to expect when I call. I am about to send an email but I wanted to see if I could get any answers here, first.

My goal is to STAY HERE until' USCIS processes her papers (currently at the NVC), with good terms to Canada. Thanks again guys SO MUCH!

Originally posted by Tort View Post
    I am a U.S citizen, married, and here with my wife working and waiting on immigrating back to the USA. I have been here since Feb. 2015, have been extending stays and no issues.

My extension expires July 31st, I applied again in June (mid-June), but the payment was 'processing' thus was denied, it happened before so we thought we'd wait (had no issues before). I checked today and it said my application did not submit, I checked and tried and pay again but it was denied because "LIMITED". We called the bank and no issues on their end.

I was wondering...

- Will this effect my application, if yes then how so? It says my application should be filed 30 days before my current one expires (Why?), but it does not say I HAVE to. What's gonna happen...?
    - I called their information center a year ago about something like this, just in case. They said I can submit as many applications as I want and I will be considered a visitor until' a decision is reached, so does that mean I could re-apply after this (while staying)?
    - Of course if I overstay then their site said I may have committed an offence. What could they mean by "may have"... are there exceptions... what are they?

I just don't want to be held responsible for something that wasn't my fault. I don't want to have bad terms as I and my wife have been following the laws to a T. In the past I have filed much further than 'before 30 days' and made my payments and everything correct (no delays). I have decided to include an explanation letter of what happened... will that even help at all?

Or am I all worked up over nothing? Any simple solutions (if solutions are needed)?

I will also be calling them Monday. I am just... desperate for some sort of answers right now/what to expect when I call. I am about to send an email but I wanted to see if I could get any answers here, first.

My goal is to STAY HERE until' USCIS processes her papers (currently at the NVC), with good terms to Canada. Thanks again guys SO MUCH!
    If your temporary resident status expires after you have submitted your application for an extension but before you receive a decision on your application, you can stay in Canada under what’s called implied status. That means the law implies you are a temporary resident. That status lasts until Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) decides on your new permit application.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X