how can we change first name instead of FNU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how can we change first name instead of FNU

Hi, my F4 IV filled by uncle !! there is a big problem related to our first name . FNU has been written instead of our actual name and our first name is written in the surname column. We don't use surname , we only use first name and last name. So, how can we change this FNU from our name . we are in the que awaiting for interview. P.D is 23rd may 2003. As i consult with my attorney and with my aunt she said " names can be changed when you enter here". I really dont know about it. I am really worried for it.
    Thnks in advance

Originally posted by ruby bhangu View Post
    Hi, my F4 IV filled by uncle !! there is a big problem related to our first name . FNU has been written instead of our actual name and our first name is written in the surname column. We don't use surname , we only use first name and last name. So, how can we change this FNU from our name . we are in the que awaiting for interview. P.D is 23rd may 2003. As i consult with my attorney and with my aunt she said " names can be changed when you enter here". I really dont know about it. I am really worried for it.
    Thnks in advance
    You can't change FNU unless you have a first and last name. Therefore, your first name will be used as a last name to grant visa since last name is REQUIRED for visa.

When you move to the US and receive your social security card, you can then try to come up with first and last name or when you become a citizen. Until then FNU will remain on it.

FNU= full name unknown

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X