Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what addresses should I fill out on my N-400?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what addresses should I fill out on my N-400?

Hi, everybody!
    My situation is quite complicated. I am trying my best to explain, and hope somebody can help me.
    I came to the America and got my green card 5 years ago with my parents. My aunt petitioned us to come here. We filled out her address on the petition form, and we received our green cards from her address. I thought we would live with her, but we rented an apartment, and lived away from each other. I use the address of our apartment on all my school forms, social security card, and state ID. So do my parents. But, the address of my green card remained unchanged. Of course, I know it is illegal. But, I didn't know I have to notify USCIS of my new address within 10 days. Until recently, I am trying to become a U.S citizen, and I was shocked that I am required by laws to update my address within 10 days of moving. I kept my aunt's address for 5 years on the file of USCIS. But anyway, I updated my address online.
    But on N-400, I have to list out all my previous physical addresses. I have NOT lived in my aunt's house before, and I already updated my address, but they have my aunt's address on record. Now, I am stuck in this section of N-400. Will USCIS deny my application because of that? Will the interview officer ask me about my addresses? If he/she does, how is he/she going to believe me?
    I am desperate for help. Any help will be appreciated!

panic not...

Originally posted by Rondee View Post
    Hi, everybody!
    My situation is quite complicated. I am trying my best to explain, and hope somebody can help me.
    I came to the America and got my green card 5 years ago with my parents. My aunt petitioned us to come here. We filled out her address on the petition form, and we received our green cards from her address. I thought we would live with her, but we rented an apartment, and lived away from each other. I use the address of our apartment on all my school forms, social security card, and state ID. So do my parents. But, the address of my green card remained unchanged. Of course, I know it is illegal. But, I didn't know I have to notify USCIS of my new address within 10 days. Until recently, I am trying to become a U.S citizen, and I was shocked that I am required by laws to update my address within 10 days of moving. I kept my aunt's address for 5 years on the file of USCIS. But anyway, I updated my address online.
    But on N-400, I have to list out all my previous physical addresses. I have NOT lived in my aunt's house before, and I already updated my address, but they have my aunt's address on record. Now, I am stuck in this section of N-400. Will USCIS deny my application because of that? Will the interview officer ask me about my addresses? If he/she does, how is he/she going to believe me?
    I am desperate for help. Any help will be appreciated!
    Relax! Although it's a legal infarction...it's not really major.
    1. I think you say you've already done this but file an AR-11 form immediately.
    2. You have to list all addresses as truthfully as you can remember...starting with your Aunt's address. Use an additional white paper to type out addresses that may not fit the fields.
    3. Ensure, you can get or have retained a copy of the lease(s), utility bills, rent-payments, tuition-bills, car-regn fees, DL's etc...these are your proof-of-address
    4. List your latest and most recent residential address as your current address

If and when asked (only if and when), although ignorance of the law cannot be considered as an excuse, explain that because of the transient nature of the schools, jobs, etc, you were not able to get fixated on a determinate address, therefore have now gathered #3 above to show proof of your coordinates/antecedents.

Not Legal Advice. Purely meant as a helpful suggestion. You should always consult a qualified and competent immigration attorney for matters that may require legal counsel.

Comment

I'm in the same situation, but moved several times without updating USCIS

Originally posted by mskathir View Post
      2. You have to list all addresses as truthfully as you can remember...starting with your Aunt's address. Use an additional white paper to type out addresses that may not fit the fields.
      3. Ensure, you can get or have retained a copy of the lease(s), utility bills, rent-payments, tuition-bills, car-regn fees, DL's etc...these are your proof-of-address

If and when asked (only if and when), although ignorance of the law cannot be considered as an excuse, explain that because of the transient nature of the schools, jobs, etc, you were not able to get fixated on a determinate address, therefore have now gathered #3 above to show proof of your coordinates/antecedents.

Not Legal Advice. Purely meant as a helpful suggestion. You should always consult a qualified and competent immigration attorney for matters that may require legal counsel.
      I'm in the same situation...I have a green card for 5 years. I have moved several places in the last 5 years and never updated my address with USCIS. Until recently, I am trying to become a U.S citizen...

What I'm I supposed to do now? I have already updated my current address by filing AR-11 form online.
      Should I have to mention all addresses where I lived in the last 5 years in N-400? Also, I do not have proof of residency for almost a year when I was on sublease. How should I get proof-of-address in this case? I really appreciate your help in this matter. Thanks!

Comment

What if I have never lived with my aunt, but they have that on file?

Thank you for replying back. Although USCIS has my aunt's address on file, I have not lived with my aunt before. I have proof of my current address, but I don't have proof that I have lived with my aunt. Should I include my aunt's address on N-400?

Comment

Thank you for replying back. Although USCIS has my aunt's address on file, I have not lived with my aunt before. I have proof of my current address, but I don't have proof that I have lived with my aunt. Should I include my aunt's address on N-400?
          Yes! Would be prudent to provide your aunt's address too.

Comment

Yes! Would be prudent to provide your aunt's address too.
            Why should I include her address? I did not live there.

Comment

Govt. Record will show

Why should I include her address? I did not live there.
              Even though you are not lived in your aunts' address, you have filed the green card at that address and the government has registered your aunt's address in your record.

To be genuine, provide your aunts` address in an AR-11 form.

Anyhow you want to show your green card on the Citizenship Bio-metric interview.

If you do not mention the aunt address in AR-11 form then USCIS officer may confuse at that moment of Citizenship filing. It`s better you can avoid this confusion.

Comment

Originally posted by rachaelleona View Post
                Even though you are not lived in your aunts' address, you have filed the green card at that address and the government has registered your aunt's address in your record.

Anyhow you want to show your green card on the Citizenship Bio-metric interview.

If you do not mention the aunt address in AR-11 form then USCIS officer may confuse at that moment of Citizenship filing. It`s better you can avoid this confusion.
                I don't know whether USCIS has ever had my aunt's address as my physical address on file. Because I was worried, I filed AR-11 anyway. Anyway, my aunt filled out her address on her petition for me and my parents, and we received our green cards on her address. So, does it mean USCIS has that address on file as my living address although I have not lived there?

Comment

Originally posted by rachaelleona View Post

I did file AR-11. But I am wondering whether I should include my aunt's address on N-400.

Comment

It`s your wish

I did file AR-11. But I am wondering whether I should include my aunt's address on N-400.
                    Don`t be get confused. It`s your will to show or not. To file the form N-400, you have the option to show your residences in the physical address. My personal opinion you have missed this communication address in future then the secondary option your aunts' address will be feed.

For your earlier question, you have mention anywhere while filing the immigration form then it will show in your Government record.

Regards

Rachael Leona

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                    X