Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OPT to H1B, Pending I-485, need help with I-765

Hello i need help in filling out I-765.
    I was on F-1 and graduated in Dec 2009. Got my EAD card in Jan 2010 which was valid for my one year OPT. After that, I did my first H1B from 2011 to 2014, am currently on my second H1B. I have not got any other EAD card since the one and only card I got while on OPT.
    My husband is USC, and we have I-130 and I-485 pending. I want to apply for I-765 so I can work for any employer if I want to change jobs, but I am having difficulties in filling out I-765.

1.) I-765 instruction page 1 says" If you are a lawful permanent resident, a conditional resident, or a nonimmigrant authorized to be employed with a specific employer under 8 CFR 274a.12(b), do not use this form. " H1B falls under the last category. Can I still file I-765 using C9 category? I have the receipt of I-485 filing.

2.) The form asks if I am applying for "Permission to accept employment", "Replacement" , or " Renewal of Permission to accept employment", which one should I choose? This is my first time filing I-765 since my husband and I filed I-130 & I-485 after we got married. But I have been through OPT, and am currently on 2nd H1B.

3.) Q10, Alien #. I have an A # since 2010 OPT time, but the I-485 receipt has given me a new/different A #. I read from different links that A# reassignment when one files I-485 is not a concern. But my questions is, should I put down the new A# and then attach an explanation letter stating my old A#? The old A# is what shows up on the old EAD card.

4.) Q11, "Have you ever before applied for employment authorization from USCIS?". Should I say Yes? or No? Again, this is my first time filing I-765 since I filed my I-130 & I-485 and got a new A#. If it is a yes, the form asks which USCIS office, dates, granted/denied. I live in Los Angeles so I assume Los Angeles USCIS would be the one since I have no idea/memory which USCIS office I sent in my petition before. Also are they asking info for my OPT period? my first H1B? my current/second H1B?

Please help!

Thank you so much

Originally posted by yurikoalice View Post
    Hello i need help in filling out I-765.
    I was on F-1 and graduated in Dec 2009. Got my EAD card in Jan 2010 which was valid for my one year OPT. After that, I did my first H1B from 2011 to 2014, am currently on my second H1B. I have not got any other EAD card since the one and only card I got while on OPT.
    My husband is USC, and we have I-130 and I-485 pending. I want to apply for I-765 so I can work for any employer if I want to change jobs, but I am having difficulties in filling out I-765.

1.) I-765 instruction page 1 says" If you are a lawful permanent resident, a conditional resident, or a nonimmigrant authorized to be employed with a specific employer under 8 CFR 274a.12(b), do not use this form. " H1B falls under the last category. Can I still file I-765 using C9 category? I have the receipt of I-485 filing.

2.) The form asks if I am applying for "Permission to accept employment", "Replacement" , or " Renewal of Permission to accept employment", which one should I choose? This is my first time filing I-765 since my husband and I filed I-130 & I-485 after we got married. But I have been through OPT, and am currently on 2nd H1B.

3.) Q10, Alien #. I have an A # since 2010 OPT time, but the I-485 receipt has given me a new/different A #. I read from different links that A# reassignment when one files I-485 is not a concern. But my questions is, should I put down the new A# and then attach an explanation letter stating my old A#? The old A# is what shows up on the old EAD card.

4.) Q11, "Have you ever before applied for employment authorization from USCIS?". Should I say Yes? or No? Again, this is my first time filing I-765 since I filed my I-130 & I-485 and got a new A#. If it is a yes, the form asks which USCIS office, dates, granted/denied. I live in Los Angeles so I assume Los Angeles USCIS would be the one since I have no idea/memory which USCIS office I sent in my petition before. Also are they asking info for my OPT period? my first H1B? my current/second H1B?

Please help!

Thank you so much
    1. i was on opt and i got married, i chose the c9
    2.permission to accept employment
    3. i got a different A # also, use the updated one and copy of all the issue ead card. u don't have to write a letter explaining anything
    4. yes, they are asking for the latest HIB

Comment

Originally posted by iuy87 View Post
      1. i was on opt and i got married, i chose the c9
      2.permission to accept employment
      3. i got a different A # also, use the updated one and copy of all the issue ead card. u don't have to write a letter explaining anything
      4. yes, they are asking for the latest HIB
      Same as you
      I used c9 and did all the answers u gave her! Thank you

Comment

Receipt received

Thank you for suggestion. I've sent it in and the receipt has finally arrived. Do you know the timeline for it?
        Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by yurikoalice View Post
          Thank you for suggestion. I've sent it in and the receipt has finally arrived. Do you know the timeline for it?
          Thanks
          I sent all my documents in May and I got my EAD yesterday! So really 3 months

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X