H1B Visa restamping in Canada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Visa restamping in Canada

My H1B visa expires in 30-SEP-2016. I have a I-797 which means so my visa extension is approved. I am planning to get the re-stamping done from Canada. Has anyone scheduled any interviews in Ottawa or any other consulate in the last 1 week or so? When I am about to make the visa fee payment, it says "no Consulate appointment available" . However in the link https://travel.state.gov/contenthttp...ait-times.html, they say wait time of only 15 calendar days. Will the appointment dates be visible only if I make the payment? If anybody has a recent experience in scheduling appointment in Canada consulates, please advise at the earliest. Thank you in advance.
    Last edited by anoopgm5; 07-25-2016, 04:46 PM.

Yes you need to pay the fees then you will see the dates open up

Comment

Does it take a day or two after making the payment to see the available days for appointment ?

Comment

Originally posted by anoopgm5 View Post
        Does it take a day or two after making the payment to see the available days for appointment ?
        Check with some attorney as i believe if you are on H1b and you renewed the same, you dont have to go out of country upon expiration. But whenever you go in future you can get it stamped.
        Last edited by samlynn; 08-11-2016, 01:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rahulguru View Post
          Check with some attorney as i believe if you are on H1b and you renewed the same, you dont have to go out of country upon expiration. But whenever you go in future you can get it stamped.
          Thank you! I will check as advised. Thanks again.
          Last edited by samlynn; 08-11-2016, 01:34 PM.

Comment

keep checking the site and you will find some slots.
            are you booking for yourself or for an entire family(how many members?)

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X