Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B2 Visitor Visa for parents with a pending 498A on me in INDIA

Hi,

I am currently in US on H1-B and I was a victim of 498A false Case in INDIA. The case was filed on me and my parents after I came to US , but my parents got the bail immediately. They were not arrested. I never went to INDIA after the case was filed.

Now, I want to bring my parents to US on visitor visa for couple of months for a change. Could you please let me know if this would create any problem during the VISA interview ? What queries might be posed to parents in such cases. Do they get VISA ( as they were not arrested ). Still the case is pending and my parents were attending the courts regularly without fail.

If VISA Approved and they reach US, will there be any issue with US immigration at the Port of entry ?

Could you please help me in throwing some light.

You need to review their bail documents whether they can travel outside India or not.

If they can travel a the time of interview they can carry court order, bail documents etc. So if visa officer ask the questions they can show the documents.

Information on visitor visa process,

Once they get their visa there will not be any problem at the port of entry.
    This is not a legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Comment

Assuming the bail conditions allow your parents to travel internationally, they should be honest at the interview about any pending litigation they're a party to. Their visa application could be denied as long as they're on bail; depends on the specific charges against them.

Your status in the US has nothing to do with your parents' application.

Comment

Why do you even need to tell the US consulate about the case? What if it was filed a day after they got their visa but did not yet fly out of India, will you go and tell the consulate?
        Just be smart about these things, being satya Harischandra does not always help.
        Last edited by rcmax; 07-27-2016, 08:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rcmax View Post
          Why do you even need to tell the US consulate about the case? What if it was filed a day after they got their visa but did not yet fly out of India, will you go and tell the consulate?
          Just be smart about these things, being satya Harischandra does not always help.
          Is that how things are done in India? Being evasive with the truth?
          No need to volunteer.. but when asked, the applicant must be forthright on the visa application as well as the interviewing officer. Just hurting your own credibility otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by daggit View Post
            Is that how things are done in India? Being evasive with the truth?
            No need to volunteer.. but when asked, the applicant must be forthright on the visa application as well as the interviewing officer. Just hurting your own credibility otherwise.
            Yes sir, that is how it is done everywhere in the world even in US. Don't tell me everything happens 'clean and honest' in this country I've been here way too long to not know or you are too naive not to notice.
            Last edited by rcmax; 07-28-2016, 01:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rcmax View Post
              Yes sir, that is how it is done everywhere in the world even in US. Don't tell me everything happens 'clean and honest' in this country I've been here way too long to not know or you are too naive not to notice.
              Doesn't matter how things are done 'everywhere in the world'. Advocating bending the rules, if that was your intent, is not an appropriate option on a public forum.
              If I were naive, I wouldn't be on this forum.

Comment

Has this been sorted out positively ? I am in the same boat. My understanding is existing charges indicated pending trial and could be negative on the applicant.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X