Canadian citizenship interview after 3 year absent from Canada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canadian citizenship interview after 3 year absent from Canada

I applied for Canadian citizenship after completing 1095 physical presence days in Canada in November 2012. I got married the same month and moved to US to live with my American wife with the hopes of returning to Canada sometime later.

I had expected the citizenship process to take 3 years maximum, so I would still maintain my Canadian residency. However, the process took 3 years and 8 months. For personal and medical reasons, I have not been able to move back to Canada since I left.

I received a notice to appear with a citizenship judge in August 2016. I'm looking for advise on how to proceed with the citizenship judge interview.

Thanks in advance.

Time you have lived in Canada

Originally posted by rihatgiab View Post
    I applied for Canadian citizenship after completing 1095 physical presence days in Canada in November 2012. I got married the same month and moved to US to live with my American wife with the hopes of returning to Canada sometime later.

I had expected the citizenship process to take 3 years maximum, so I would still maintain my Canadian residency. However, the process took 3 years and 8 months. For personal and medical reasons, I have not been able to move back to Canada since I left.

I received a notice to appear with a citizenship judge in August 2016. I'm looking for advise on how to proceed with the citizenship judge interview.

Thanks in advance.
    You must have been physically present in Canada as a permanent resident for at least 1,460 days during the six years immediately before the date of your application. You must also be physically present for at least 183 days during each of four calendar years that are fully or partially within the six years immediately before the date of application. These requirements do not apply to children under 18.

Exceptions to these requirements apply for certain Crown servants and certain family members of Crown servants.

When calculating how long you have lived in Canada, you can only count time spent after you became a permanent resident of Canada.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X