EAD renewal delay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EAD renewal delay

I had applied for my EAD renewal (on valid L2 visa) in may which was reviewed by USCIS and receipt notice sent on day 97 before expiry.
    It's been 72 days and no progress has been made. I will be opening a service request on day 75. I have even contacted my local congressman for expediting but they offered little hope too.
    My EAD expires on 8/21. If my EAD does not arrive by then what are my options with my employer?
    Can I ask them to put me on unpaid vacation till I receive the card.
    Please help with any suggestions.

Your employer has to remove you from payroll . You can be on administrative leave or Leave the job and they can rehire you once you get EAD.

Comment

Originally posted by mshah1 View Post
      Your employer has to remove you from payroll . You can be on administrative leave or Leave the job and they can rehire you once you get EAD.
      Thank you. If it does not arrive by then I will talk to them abt putting me on admin leave.

Is there anything else I can do to expedite it?

Comment

Originally posted by CG_delhi View Post
        Thank you. If it does not arrive by then I will talk to them abt putting me on admin leave.

Is there anything else I can do to expedite it?
        Try calling them and raise service request . If you raise service request online that is not much useful .

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X