Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

L2 EAD renewal - 99th day still waiting .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L2 EAD renewal - 99th day still waiting .

Hello all

I would like to share my experience with L2-EAD renewal which might be useful for others.

I have applied my first EAD in 2014 and got it in hand in 60 days . This EAD expired in July 2016 .
    For that I have applied Renewal in April and its 99th day I am still waiting.

My learning -
    1. You have to apply 120 ahead . ( I applied 95 days before.)
    2. Online status is not always up to date - there is huge lag in it -Same with USCIS app.
    3. Congressman -Ombudsman can not help much in EAD renewal expedite process but one should try all options.
    4. Info pass appointment is also not much helpful - If 90 days are over they used issue interim EAD but from 2007 they have stopped it .
    5. Fingerprint are valid for 15 moths so specially when you are applying for renewal consider time of your last FP.
    6. Do not give same photo as you gave for previous EAD .
    7. Sometimes representative on customer care wont listen to you and give confusing answer best way is call again next day in hope to talk with another person.

Time frame -

1.Applied on 14th April 2016 . I have submitted - My latest photos, marriage certificate , L1 petition , My and My spouse visa copy and I-94,EAD front and back copy and check.
    2.USCIS received it on 19th April 2016 .
    3. Till 75th day Nothing happened. As it was Sunday I used online tool to raise service request ( Delay in time frame .)- Once this request is created you can not create another request till 30 days . So raise this request only if necessary .
    4. On 5th July called Customer care and asked about update but lady told me to wait and she can not raise another request now.
    5. I went online to search Info pass appointment - These appointments are scheduled for next 14 days only - I have booked appointment for my 90th day .
    6. I have contacted local congressman office they told me to fill up some privacy form and send cover letter as to why I need this job and EAD in time -( I was getting excellent full time offer which i wanted to accept .) I filled up all forms and sent it to her . Representative told me that she will forward these forms to USCIS but there are less chances that EAD renewal will expedite . -In short - She was not able to help me .
    7. Same day I have contacted Ombudsman through email - They also send me some privacy forms to fill up and on their site we have to create our case and generate ID. Along with that ID ,forms and cover letter I resend the email.
    8. on 7th july called customer care again - This time person listened to my request and created one service request-whose answer they have to give in 5 days .
    9. On 12th July I got answer to that service request that they can not expedite my EAd renewal on basis of job offer and financial loss .It will take its own time -(remember I was already on 84th day at this time .)
    10. On 18th July went for Info pass appointment to near by Immigration office. Officer told me that USCIS has raised RFE on my case on 13th july I will get it by post .He also told me that you not the only one in this situation. there are many like this . This is election year and this happens.
    11. From 1st day till 92nd day online status did not changed though RFE was generated .Status was same -" Case was received. "
    12. on 94th day - Received letter about RFE - " Request for additional evidence -" They want proof of L1's valid status and for that recent 3 pay stubs of L1 needs to be submitted. ( I have already given most recent I-94 and visa copy but still --)
    13. I have submitted the pay stubs with proper letter, I-94, Visa copy of L1. I sent it by Express mail.
    14. Status changed to " Response received " on 98th day .
    15. Today on 99th day I called customer care again - They were not aware of REF sent and response received - Which is very strange .
    Person has created one more service request for me today -( I have not even asked for it this time). Whose response I am suppose to get it in next 5 days.
    16. Today I also got letter from Ombudsman that USCIS is reviewing my evidence and if I don't get any reply in 90 days I can contact USCIS again as of now ombudsman office is closing this topic. ????

So its 99th day - I have lost my job as my previous EAD expired. -I have contacted congressman ,Ombudsman , 3 service request and 1 info pass appointment I am still waiting for my EAD.

Wish me luck .

Originally posted by mshah1 View Post
    Hello all

I would like to share my experience with L2-EAD renewal which might be useful for others.

I have applied my first EAD in 2014 and got it in hand in 60 days . This EAD expired in July 2016 .
    For that I have applied Renewal in April and its 99th day I am still waiting.

My learning -
    1. You have to apply 120 ahead . ( I applied 95 days before.)
    2. Online status is not always up to date - there is huge lag in it -Same with USCIS app.
    3. Congressman -Ombudsman can not help much in EAD renewal expedite process but one should try all options.
    4. Info pass appointment is also not much helpful - If 90 days are over they used issue interim EAD but from 2007 they have stopped it .
    5. Fingerprint are valid for 15 moths so specially when you are applying for renewal consider time of your last FP.
    6. Do not give same photo as you gave for previous EAD .
    7. Sometimes representative on customer care wont listen to you and give confusing answer best way is call again next day in hope to talk with another person.

Time frame -

1.Applied on 14th April 2016 . I have submitted - My latest photos, marriage certificate , L1 petition , My and My spouse visa copy and I-94,EAD front and back copy and check.
    2.USCIS received it on 19th April 2016 .
    3. Till 75th day Nothing happened. As it was Sunday I used online tool to raise service request ( Delay in time frame .)- Once this request is created you can not create another request till 30 days . So raise this request only if necessary .
    4. On 5th July called Customer care and asked about update but lady told me to wait and she can not raise another request now.
    5. I went online to search Info pass appointment - These appointments are scheduled for next 14 days only - I have booked appointment for my 90th day .
    6. I have contacted local congressman office they told me to fill up some privacy form and send cover letter as to why I need this job and EAD in time -( I was getting excellent full time offer which i wanted to accept .) I filled up all forms and sent it to her . Representative told me that she will forward these forms to USCIS but there are less chances that EAD renewal will expedite . -In short - She was not able to help me .
    7. Same day I have contacted Ombudsman through email - They also send me some privacy forms to fill up and on their site we have to create our case and generate ID. Along with that ID ,forms and cover letter I resend the email.
    8. on 7th july called customer care again - This time person listened to my request and created one service request-whose answer they have to give in 5 days .
    9. On 12th July I got answer to that service request that they can not expedite my EAd renewal on basis of job offer and financial loss .It will take its own time -(remember I was already on 84th day at this time .)
    10. On 18th July went for Info pass appointment to near by Immigration office. Officer told me that USCIS has raised RFE on my case on 13th july I will get it by post .He also told me that you not the only one in this situation. there are many like this . This is election year and this happens.
    11. From 1st day till 92nd day online status did not changed though RFE was generated .Status was same -" Case was received. "
    12. on 94th day - Received letter about RFE - " Request for additional evidence -" They want proof of L1's valid status and for that recent 3 pay stubs of L1 needs to be submitted. ( I have already given most recent I-94 and visa copy but still --)
    13. I have submitted the pay stubs with proper letter, I-94, Visa copy of L1. I sent it by Express mail.
    14. Status changed to " Response received " on 98th day .
    15. Today on 99th day I called customer care again - They were not aware of REF sent and response received - Which is very strange .
    Person has created one more service request for me today -( I have not even asked for it this time). Whose response I am suppose to get it in next 5 days.
    16. Today I also got letter from Ombudsman that USCIS is reviewing my evidence and if I don't get any reply in 90 days I can contact USCIS again as of now ombudsman office is closing this topic. ????

So its 99th day - I have lost my job as my previous EAD expired. -I have contacted congressman ,Ombudsman , 3 service request and 1 info pass appointment I am still waiting for my EAD.

Wish me luck .
    Update to case - today 106th day still waiting .

meanwhile - SR 2 got rejected and it says it due to RFE it is still in desired time frame - we can not expedite it .

Tried contacting Tier 2 officer through customer care number - lady transferred my call to her supervisor when I explained her that raising SR is not helping me .

This call went to automated system -where they have taken my name and ph number and officer is supposed to call me back in 34 mins. - He called me after 2 hrs .

After speaking to agent - he told me that I have to wait for 60 more days after response to RFE is received.

So new wait has started now . Should I wait for 2-3 more days and Raise one more request ?

Comment

Update to my case
      Approved case today . That's 126 th day . Waiting for card now .

Comment

Date of application sent and receipt by USCIS exactly matches to my current year

Coincidence. Funny thing is before my EAD expires, my contract ended I called today but they asked to wait for request for expedite.But I have to explain and a letter from employer needed. Which in my case currently not possible. SR raised in July 17th with no update. I should wait til Aug 8th to receive some response. This looks like they will surely take 120+ days to respond. This is really bothering and I don't know what else to do..

Comment

Originally posted by phanindrags View Post
          Date of application sent and receipt by USCIS exactly matches to my current year

Coincidence. Funny thing is before my EAD expires, my contract ended I called today but they asked to wait for request for expedite.But I have to explain and a letter from employer needed. Which in my case currently not possible. SR raised in July 17th with no update. I should wait til Aug 8th to receive some response. This looks like they will surely take 120+ days to respond. This is really bothering and I don't know what else to do..
          I have secured a job but the employer asking for valid EAD to release offer letter. I have provided my current and acknowledgement copy for EAD that applied. I had responded to USCIS RFP and they acknowledge that they received my Spouse's i-94 copy on Aug 7th, 2017. No update yet from USCIS except they are working on my case. This is my situation with any employer or consultant. Not sure what to do? Any suggestions? I understand the new rules/process which come in effect since Jan 2017, if EAD expires and USCIS still is processing the case, the validity will be extend to 180 days automatically unless USCIS respond.

Comment

I have secured a job but the employer asking for valid EAD to release offer letter. I have provided my current and acknowledgement copy for EAD that applied. I had responded to USCIS RFP and they acknowledge that they received my Spouse's i-94 copy on Aug 7th, 2017. No update yet from USCIS except they are working on my case. This is my situation with any employer or consultant. Not sure what to do? Any suggestions? I understand the new rules/process which come in effect since Jan 2017, if EAD expires and USCIS still is processing the case, the validity will be extend to 180 days automatically unless USCIS respond.
            I called them today and the lady who answered after my wait hearing all the stuff, said, I have to wait for 60 days before even I can place a request to expedite my current case. I have no other way then just waiting and waiting..

Comment

I called them today and the lady who answered after my wait hearing all the stuff, said, I have to wait for 60 days before even I can place a request to expedite my current case. I have no other way then just waiting and waiting..
              Finally the wait is over and card is in production. Received today. It is really frustrating waiting for the approval and my old card expired on 13th Aug.

What I suggest is to take the advantage of applying 180 days before the expiry (yes, that is true 6 months) and after 75 days, call them or follow-up via new SR online to get the officers look at it and working. When I called what I understood was they don't even know that the card is expiring. Even the Level 2 guys. Hope this information will help!

Comment

Finally the wait is over and card is in production. Received today. It is really frustrating waiting for the approval and my old card expired on 13th Aug.

What I suggest is to take the advantage of applying 180 days before the expiry (yes, that is true 6 months) and after 75 days, call them or follow-up via new SR online to get the officers look at it and working. When I called what I understood was they don't even know that the card is expiring. Even the Level 2 guys. Hope this information will help!

Can we apply for L2 EAD extension just with L1 & I-539 extension receipts? Will USCIS accept EAD extension application when L1 visa extension approval is still in progress?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X