Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

K1 Visa denied, what should be the next step ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K1 Visa denied, what should be the next step ?

Hello !
    Me and my Fiancee applied for my K1 visa and the pettition was approved within 3 months. Everything was fine other than her earning not exactly meeting the income requirement to sponsor me. Her current yearly earning on paper was ~18k and the requirement was 20k, however on her Tax returns she had around ~40k earning for last three years (She quit her job recently, some things went wrong).
    During the interview the consulate officer said she belives our relation is real and she'd love to see us together but she is very sorry that they can not give me the visa cause my sponsor doesn't meet the requirement. We provided documents of the house she owns and a letter+detailed statement from her bank including other savings she has (Had around 35k in bank). So we hoped those would make up for the missing 2k/year. The consulate officer adviced us to get married and try again.

Now the problem is, she said we can reapply but I can not have a joint sponsor for K visas. I'm from Dhaka, Bangladesh. So it was the US Embassy in Dhaka.
    Now we are planning on getting married and apply for a CR1 instead.
    My questions are :

Can we have a joint sponsor for CR1 ?
    Would it cause any problem if we immediately get married and apply for the CR1 soon ? (It was rejected on 25th July)
    Can her last year's earning get her rejected ? (Her earning was screwed up this year cause she didn't work for two months, so by the time I face the embassy again, she'll have around ~16k as 2016's earning on her papers)
    Is the marriage certificate, photographs from the wedding, venue reservation, invitation cards, hotel reservation, and previous evidence of relationship that we provided for K1, enough to prove a bona fide relationship ?
    Do we have to get affidavit's from anyone who attended the wedding ? If so, can we get it notarized locally or there's some other specific requirement for that ?
    Any advice on what step should we take ?

Thank you very much for the time and responses. And I'm sorry, my English is somewhat broken.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X