Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visa Status Change from H4 to F1

Hi

Currently I am studying in a university on H4 Visa and completed 2 Semester. 2 months ago I have applied for COS to F1 so that I will be eligible to apply for CPT and OPT. Today my Visa got approved and it says valid from 9th December untill my for my duration of status.

So my question is from which date I will be on F1? Is it today or December 9 2016?

Thanks in advance.

H4 to F1

Congrats on your approval.

We are in same situation. my wife will complete 2 semesters by December. From January 20 2017, the next(third) semester starts and want to apply for COS from H4 to F1 by August mid. So that, she will be on F1 from next two semesters (January 20 2017).

we see in **** **** like it is taking more than 6 months for some people. Is that that case? How much time it took for approval for u and some of your friends in general?

Comment

Visa Status Change from H4 to F1

Originally posted by radhukrish View Post
      Congrats on your approval.

We are in same situation. my wife will complete 2 semesters by December. From January 20 2017, the next(third) semester starts and want to apply for COS from H4 to F1 by August mid. So that, she will be on F1 from next two semesters (January 20 2017).

we see in **** **** like it is taking more than 6 months for some people. Is that that case? How much time it took for approval for u and some of your friends in general?
      I also heard that it usually take 6-7 months to get your approval. Therefore I have applied for mine well before time so that Jan 2017 onward i can search for internships. however it took 2 months for me to get approved status but the visa is valid from December which is 7 months time from now.

Thanaks

Comment

Originally posted by Shobhit Gupta View Post
        Hi

Currently I am studying in a university on H4 Visa and completed 2 Semester. 2 months ago I have applied for COS to F1 so that I will be eligible to apply for CPT and OPT. Today my Visa got approved and it says valid from 9th December untill my for my duration of status.

So my question is from which date I will be on F1? Is it today or December 9 2016?

Thanks in advance.
        I have been admitted for fall 2016. I have applied for my change of status from F2 to F1 on June 20 2016 and still waiting for the approval as the processing time is 2.5 months from the date USCIS received my application i could expedite my application process so i am confused as of now to whether attend the orientation and enroll for the classes full time or not.I have contacted DHS and they told me i cannot enroll full-time until i receive the approval letter but i can enroll part time while on F2 status in this i have 2 cases

Case 1:

What happens if i attended Orientation and enroll part time classes and in the middle of semester my status has changed to F1 is it considered as from the date of approval or from the next semester i.e.,Spring 2017 it will considered as F1 full time student because i wanted to be on F1 Full time academic student for atleast 1 Full academic Year furthur approval of CPT or OPT application.

Case 2:

What happens if i defer my application to Spring 2017 and wait for the approval of Change of status to F1 if my status has been changed to F1 some around end of September 2016 will i be in status lawfully without enrolling for classes in this fall 2016 semester or not because there are like 3 months gap to start for Spring 2017 Semester if my application is deferred.

When did u apply for COS and when did it get approved ?Which Service Center ?
        When did u Start your classes and what is estimated approval date you have requested in i-539 ?
        What is actual start date Uscis given as a F1 status and did your i-94 status changed automatically?
        Last edited by sriram55; 08-01-2016, 04:45 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X