Explanation needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Explanation needed

Filing with a request that the joint filing requirement be waived or individually filed. You may file Form I-751 without your spouse if they are deceased, you are divorced, or you and/or your conditional resident child were battered or subjected to extreme cruelty. You may file this petition at any time after you are granted conditional resident status and before you are removed from the United States.

Iif you are filing as an individual because you and/or your conditional resident child were battered or subjected to extreme cruelty, submit:
    1. Evidence of the abuse, such as copies of reports or official records issued by police, courts, medical personnel, school officials, clergy, social workers, and other social service agency personnel. You may also submit any legal documents relating to an order of protection against the abuser or relating to any legal steps you may have taken to end the abuse. You may also submit evidence that you sought safe haven in a shelter for the abused or similar refuge, as well as photographs evidencing your injuries; and
    2. A copy of your divorce decree, if your marriage was terminated by divorce on grounds of physical abuse or extreme cruelty. If you are filing for a waiver of the joint filing requirement because the termination of your status and removal

My wife was abusive towards me, I have all legal documents as specified by the instructions I copy pasted above, my wife is held in the community correction center am trying to get a divorce which is not possible right now because there is a no contact order which !Rand she can't contact me I can't give her nothing to sign..
    My question is can I remove the condition on my green card without a divorce decree?? Pls I need ur response

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X