Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 visa scheduling appointment without marriage certificate

Hello,

Since there is a wait time of 2-3 months going on now, my fiance and myself are planning to schedule an appointment now for h4 visa interview so that we can get the slots and travel back together. Currently we are unmarried but will be married based on the day of visa interview and have the marriae certificate. Can we go ahead and schedule an appointment now so that we can get the visa interview slots or do we need to get married first to schedule the interview and book the visa appointment??
    It's urgent and any help would be appreciated

Originally posted by Thisisme123 View Post
    Hello,

Since there is a wait time of 2-3 months going on now, my fiance and myself are planning to schedule an appointment now for h4 visa interview so that we can get the slots and travel back together. Currently we are unmarried but will be married based on the day of visa interview and have the marriae certificate. Can we go ahead and schedule an appointment now so that we can get the visa interview slots or do we need to get married first to schedule the interview and book the visa appointment??
    It's urgent and any help would be appreciated
    You can go ahead, fill the DS-160 and schedule the appointment without getting married and having the marriage certificate. Do ensure you have it during the interview.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

h4 visa interview scheduling before marriage

hello,
      even i m having similar problem. i will get married ( court marriage ) in november and plan to take visa date after that , but since it will be very late if i apply after marriage i want to book the slot now itself.
      1) what option do i fill in personal information ? single or married ? i read about this on many forums but i m not convinced
      2) in purpose of travel - i have written spouse of H1 - and relationship with principle applicant i mentioned as spouse... then the form is showing error that - personal information and the relationship with companion should be same.
      which means do v have to write married ?
      i am getting so confused

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X