Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel to US on tourist visa when H4 is in 221g Admin Processing

Hi,

My H1b and my family's H4 applications are pending in 221g admin processing at Mumbai consulate since the last few weeks. I was thinking if there is any way for my family to go to the US while this is in progress. My child's schooling is at stake and we also have a lot of personal belongings to take care of there. Once my H1 application is approved, I can have them travel back to get their H4 visas stamped.

Is it possible and advisable to apply for a tourist visa for them while their H4 is pending in 221g?
    If so, what would happen to their H4 application?
    Any issues that could happen at port of entry?
    Can the experts in this forum please advise?

Thanks!

Originally posted by js1978 View Post
    Hi,

My H1b and my family's H4 applications are pending in 221g admin processing at Mumbai consulate since the last few weeks. I was thinking if there is any way for my family to go to the US while this is in progress. My child's schooling is at stake and we also have a lot of personal belongings to take care of there. Once my H1 application is approved, I can have them travel back to get their H4 visas stamped.

Is it possible and advisable to apply for a tourist visa for them while their H4 is pending in 221g?
    If so, what would happen to their H4 application?
    Any issues that could happen at port of entry?
    Can the experts in this forum please advise?

Thanks!
    It's highly unlikely that your family will be granted visitor visa for this purpose.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

An application on Admin Processing stipulates other applications by the same applicant would at least be placed under AP, if not denied outright.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X