Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Travel to India while waiting for OPT (EAD) approval?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel to India while waiting for OPT (EAD) approval?

Hi, Some websites like say that if someone leaves US while OPT application is pending with USCIS, his/her application is deemed to be cancelled. Is that correct? I am totally confused if I should travel to India or not while waiting for my OPT approval. Please share your experiences. Thank you so much in advance!
    Yes, safe to go
    0%
    No, very risky
    0%

Don't travel

Don't travel unless very imp. Since you've already completed your course, and when you try to enter US again without any job offer, you have no valid reason for coming back to US. I traveled to India after applying for my opt card. At port of entry, they asked me so many questions. But in my case, i had a job offer of 70k package with a very good MNC. Plus i submitted my thesis after coming back.

So if you already have a job offer, then take all your papers with you. Or else, you can go after joining.

Originally posted by lucky86 View Post
    Hi, Some websites like say that if someone leaves US while OPT application is pending with USCIS, his/her application is deemed to be cancelled. Is that correct? I am totally confused if I should travel to India or not while waiting for my OPT approval. Please share your experiences. Thank you so much in advance!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X