Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visa Denied 221g what now?

Hi there,

I have recently been denied a family based green card because of lack of evidence. I was brought to the states as an undocumented child and as such was able to receive DACA status. I went to the consulate in Montréal for my interview and was denied due to lack of documentation. The problem with this is that I have a job and go to school in America. Am I required to wait in the country while they process the documents I send in or am I allowed to go back while the process is going on? It sucks that I might lose my job and miss a semester of school because of the processing times. Thanks for any advice you might have.

Rfe

Originally posted by CaptCanadia View Post
    Hi there,

I have recently been denied a family based green card because of lack of evidence. I was brought to the states as an undocumented child and as such was able to receive DACA status. I went to the consulate in Montréal for my interview and was denied due to lack of documentation. The problem with this is that I have a job and go to school in America. Am I required to wait in the country while they process the documents I send in or am I allowed to go back while the process is going on? It sucks that I might lose my job and miss a semester of school because of the processing times. Thanks for any advice you might have.
    What was the basis of the RFE "RETURNED FOR EVIDENCE"?
    What is the basis for your I-485?
    The NVC "NATIONAL VISA CENTER" has not denied your petition but stopped the processing clock. Its an administrative procedure that in effect you need to provide the documentation that was missing from your petition.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian Gruber View Post
      What was the basis of the RFE "RETURNED FOR EVIDENCE"?
      What is the basis for your I-485?
      The NVC "NATIONAL VISA CENTER" has not denied your petition but stopped the processing clock. Its an administrative procedure that in effect you need to provide the documentation that was missing from your petition.
      They said I needed a Canadian police certificate even though I haven't lived in the country since I was 9 and they also said I needed a cosponsor because my mother did not meet the financial requirements even though I included my income with my tax return, w2 and letter from my employer stating they were going to continue to employ me as well as a copy of the lease agreement proving I live with her. I don't know why it was denied as I believed all my evidence was sufficient. Any clue on if I can go back to the country while the administrative process is going on or the average wait time for additional evidence review?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X