Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Student visa chances after visit visa refusal

Hello,

I got my visit visa refused back in April 2016 based on 214(b) rejection. Although i have very good international travel history before to Europe and UK. This refusal really disappoints me. And i have no immediate relatives in US. Now i want to apply for study visa in US. But i am afraid because of my previous refusal what should i do, should i go for this. I am doing a job in a private firm right now and have IELTS 6. There are few universities who are accepting my admission. Including National university san diego
    and Tennessee State University. But i am not applying because of my refusal. Please suggest me what should i do. My father is going to retire this month should this effect also my visa chances b/c he will bear my study expenses although i have some saving also.

Please share useful opinions.

Thanks

Looking as an outsider begs the question, if you were so intent on studying in the US, why not apply for a student visa in the first place? To a CO, applying right after a B refusal only makes you appear desperate for a US visa; and they are familiar with attempts at visa shopping. Chances are slim to none, but if you have a spare $160, nothing prevents you from trying.
    Last edited by daggit; 08-03-2016, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by daggit View Post
      Looking as an outsider begs the question, if you were so intent on studying in the US, why not apply for a student visa in the first place? To a CO, applying right after a B refusal only makes you appear desperate for a US visa; and they are familiar with attempts at visa shopping. Chances are slim to none, but if you have a spare $160, nothing prevents you from trying.

I am not desperate for getting US visa. First visit and study is different thing. As my intention is to visit my relative there when i have applied the visa so if they have not given me visa without giving any reason that the different thing.
      Regarding my intention to study, i got admission in few universities so that's why i want to apply for masters and my company gives me leave for study too. There is nothing like i am dying to go to US.

Anyway thanks for your kind advise and opinion.

Comment

What is your country of birth and passport ?

Comment

Originally posted by mzohaib View Post
          I am not desperate for getting US visa. First visit and study is different thing. As my intention is to visit my relative there when i have applied the visa so if they have not given me visa without giving any reason that the different thing.
          Regarding my intention to study, i got admission in few universities so that's why i want to apply for masters and my company gives me leave for study too. There is nothing like i am dying to go to US.

Anyway thanks for your kind advise and opinion.
          You've noted the reason for your denial 214(b) in your first post; that is the standard reason to every denied applicant at an embassy. A US visa is a privilege, not a right. If your intention.. alongwith your parents' intentions who got a visa.. is to visit your relative, a student visa is not the appropriate visa type for you. These are how a CO is likely view your circumstances.

Comment

Originally posted by TarCas View Post
            What is your country of birth and passport ?
            Pakistan

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by daggit View Post
            You've noted the reason for your denial 214(b) in your first post; that is the standard reason to every denied applicant at an embassy. A US visa is a privilege, not a right. If your intention.. alongwith your parents' intentions who got a visa.. is to visit your relative, a student visa is not the appropriate visa type for you. These are how a CO is likely view your circumstances.
            Thanks for your response.

Comment

I wanna also work abroad, for example in China

Comment

ISO 27001 Certification in Bangalore

i am also interesting for study in USA
                http://www.certvalue.com/iso-27001-certification-bangalore
                http://www.certvalue.com/iso-9001-certification-bangalore

Comment

If spending vs saving $160 is material to your decision making, your chances of obtaining an F visa is very poor

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X