Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

K1 visa, can I still visit as a tourist?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K1 visa, can I still visit as a tourist?

Hi!

Me and my girlfriend will be filing for the K1 visa after Thanksgiving. My question is, I have plans to spend Christmas with her in the states as a normal holiday, just two weeks. Can I still visit the country as normal during the visa application or are there rules that prevent this?

Thank you.

Where, what country, are you applying from? You could apply for a B2, or visit visa-free if you have a passport from a vwp country.

Comment

Originally posted by daggit View Post
      Where, what country, are you applying from? You could apply for a B2, or visit visa-free if you have a passport from a vwp country.
      Oh, my apologies, I am applying from the UK. I already have permission to travel to the States from the the visa waiver program for my trip in September, I believe this lasts for 2 years so do you think I will be fine to visit in the future?

Thank you for the response.

Comment

You should be ok to travel on your approved ESTA, but carry documentary evidence of your ties to home.. just in case you're questioned travelling while a K petition is pending.

Comment

Visiting the US while K1 Visa is being processed

I really hope it's possible to visit while the K1 visa is being processed (it's such a long time to be apart) as it would be nice to come here for Xmas.

The official CBP site seems to say "mostly no" but some other online resources seem to say that we can visit while the K1 visa is pending. So confusing.

PS: is there any added benefit to submitting the K1 application via locked box?
          Last edited by eevee; 08-17-2016, 11:44 AM.

Comment

Visit while waiting for K1 visa

Originally posted by eevee View Post
            I really hope it's possible to visit while the K1 visa is being processed (it's such a long time to be apart) as it would be nice to come here for Xmas.

The official CBP site seems to say "mostly no" but some other online resources seem to say that we can visit while the K1 visa is pending. So confusing.

PS: is there any added benefit to submitting the K1 application via locked box?
            Yes, we were allowed to travel while waiting for the fiance visa.

Comment

Thank you!

Originally posted by jsjourney View Post
              Yes, we were allowed to travel while waiting for the fiance visa.
              Thanks so much for this.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X