O1 waiting time: one year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• O1 waiting time: one year

Hello, I applied for an O1 in May 2015; my job in the US was to start upon my arrival. In June I was asked for more evidence, which I supplied. Now I've been waiting for a response for almost a year. When asked, immigration kept telling me they are still reviewing the visa. 50 days ago they told me I was to get an answer within 45 days, and again it didn't happen. I don't know what to do, and I know it's very strange for this kind of visa to take that long. I am afraid to lose the job, and also yet another job I'd need to do in America came out, but I can't do anything. Any suggestion about what to do? Thanks in advance

I changed from F1 to O1, and the whole process took a month.

Comment

Were you waiting for a 221 g response? Or were you waiting on a USCIS visa petition response? Has the case been resolved? If so, please share your experience.

Comment

News

I don't know, I was just waiting for a response. In December my status switched to pending supervisory decision, altough on the on-line page it still says that they received my evidence in September 2015, and that's it. I tried to make an upgrade to a premium processing but USCIS response was that it is not possible to make an upgrade what a supervisory decision is pending. That is all I know.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X