Help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help please

Hi good evening.. I have a boyfriend and we're morethan three years in a relationship now... He migrated in the US last 2014, he's a greencard holder but not yet a citizen so he can't still petition me... But he will start his 13 week training to becoming a US Marine on january 2016- april 2016, and by the time he finishes and graduates in his training he will aready be a US Citizen without even waiting for five years.. Now, can he petition me as fiance as soon as possible/he graduated???

He can petition you for a fiance visa once he's a USC, provided you meet all other eligible criteria for a K visa.

Comment

Yes he can petition you but not as soon as possible. check online i think he needs to stay in US for at least 6months (not sure)

If you petition for a fiancé(e) visa, you must show that:

You (the petitioner) are a U.S. citizen.
      You intend to marry within 90 days of your fiancé(e) entering the United States.
      You and your fiancé(e) are both free to marry and any previous marriages must have been legally terminated by divorce, death, or annulment.
      You met each other, in person, at least once within 2 years of filing your petition. There are two exceptions that require a waiver:
      1. If the requirement to meet would violate strict and long-established customs of your or your fiancé(e)’s foreign culture or social practice.
      2. If you prove that the requirement to meet would result in extreme hardship to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Daneeey0214 View Post
        Yes he can petition you but not as soon as possible. check online i think he needs to stay in US for at least 6months (not sure)

If you petition for a fiancé(e) visa, you must show that:

You (the petitioner) are a U.S. citizen.
        You intend to marry within 90 days of your fiancé(e) entering the United States.
        You and your fiancé(e) are both free to marry and any previous marriages must have been legally terminated by divorce, death, or annulment.
        You met each other, in person, at least once within 2 years of filing your petition. There are two exceptions that require a waiver:
        1. If the requirement to meet would violate strict and long-established customs of your or your fiancé(e)’s foreign culture or social practice.
        2. If you prove that the requirement to meet would result in extreme hardship to you.
        What do you mean that he has to stay in the US for 6 months? 6 months after he bacame a US Citizen?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X