Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Exact procedure to bring spouse to USA on F2 dependent VISA...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exact procedure to bring spouse to USA on F2 dependent VISA...

I am wondering if anyone can exactly explain the procedure to bring my future wife to the USA on F2 dependent visa. Let me explain my scenario and what I am planning to do.

1. Oct 12 - Marriage
    2. oct 13 - get the marriage certificate (Possible with prior notification to registrar)
    3. Oct 13 EOD - Submit marriage certificate soft copy to University along with passport copy and financial documents.
    4. Oct 14/15/16 - get the soft copy of created i20 to fill the DS-160. (Reson behind getting soft copy is that I20 takes min a week to reach me in India.)
    5. Pay the sevis fee at Axis bank and get the receipt by OCT 20.
    5. Schedule appointment by the end of October attends interview. If approved fly back to the USA on Nov 10.

This is what I planned for. Now the questions that I have are

1. Is there any way to submit DS-160 without getting F2 dependent I20(My university clearly said that I cannot get I20 without Marriage Certificate)
    2. If my fiance's visa gets rejected on OCT 30(Let's suppose), When can I apply for next interview, if f2 interview slots are available?
    3. I saw someone posting something regarding DS 2019 document which I am not at all aware of. What is this document and how is it different from DS - 160 and how do I get one if needed?

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X