Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent Help L1 A approved I129 S Stamped L1B

Hi ,

I recently applied for L1 A blanket Visa which was approved in Chennai on 3rd August. Later when I checked my I129 S the officer mistakenly has circled L1B.

What are my options now. I am based out of Delhi so going back to the consulate is not an option till the time I know the process of correction.

My interview was conducted as per managerial questions and all my documents from my company are in order referring to L1 A.

Since the Visa stamped in passport only mentions "L1". I am not sure if my visa is L1A or L1B.

Also is there a need to get I129 S corrected? Will I have to appear for the interview again

Thanks in adavance

Pls help

Originally posted by sumvisa View Post
    Hi ,

I recently applied for L1 A blanket Visa which was approved in Chennai on 3rd August. Later when I checked my I129 S the officer mistakenly has circled L1B.

What are my options now. I am based out of Delhi so going back to the consulate is not an option till the time I know the process of correction.

My interview was conducted as per managerial questions and all my documents from my company are in order referring to L1 A.

Since the Visa stamped in passport only mentions "L1". I am not sure if my visa is L1A or L1B.

Also is there a need to get I129 S corrected? Will I have to appear for the interview again

Thanks in adavance
    Guys pls help. Will appreciate some direction

Comment

Guys pls help. Will appreciate some direction
      You need to write a mail to the Consulate and get it corrected.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

appear

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
        You need to write a mail to the Consulate and get it corrected.

Thanks Raghvi.

Do you think I will be required to appear for interview again or it can be done via dropbox

Comment

Thanks Raghvi.

Do you think I will be required to appear for interview again or it can be done via dropbox
          If it is the consulate's mistake, they would correct it without you needing to attend the interview again.

Comment

further query

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
            If it is the consulate's mistake, they would correct it without you needing to attend the interview again.

Thanks Raghvi, I have contacted the Consulate and waiting for their response.

1,Could you please answer further question can Blanket L1B be issued on Blanket L1A petetion?
            2. If I keep the I129S as is and I enter US what will govern my visa Status? If i file extension will it be for L1A or L1B

Comment

corrected copy recieved

Thanks Raghvi, I have contacted the Consulate and waiting for their response.

1,Could you please answer further question can Blanket L1B be issued on Blanket L1A petetion?
              2. If I keep the I129S as is and I enter US what will govern my visa Status? If i file extension will it be for L1A or L1B
              For benefit of everyone I contacted the consulate through support @ usatravel desk, they sent me fresh copies of endorsed I129S via document pickup center.

Comment

For benefit of everyone I contacted the consulate through support @ usatravel desk, they sent me fresh copies of endorsed I129S via document pickup center.
                Good it worked out fine at the end..
                Thanks for taking out the time to update the final status here for the benefit of others..

Comment

Exactly same case for me

I had received the passport and incorrectly stamped I129S on 13th December. Today, on 22nd December I received the corrected I129S.

I too received the fresh copies of the I129S from the consulate via the document pickup center. They asked my legal counsel to send the original I129S again as probably they had not scanned and saved it before. This thread and particularly the concluding post was very helpful during the crisis moment. Thanks a lot.

Comment

I too have same case

How much time did Consulate take to respond?

I have raised to them on 7th May 18. But have not yet received any response

Comment

Same Issue

Guys, I too had the same issue. I have written on the email address given yesterday with scan of Visa, I797 and I129 forms, but haven't heard back yet. Could someone help with ETA when support team reverts. Thank you.

Comment

hi All - i have faced the same issue rockypunjab and NewJig09 did your cases get sorted out?

I have written to the consulate today

Comment

I think this happens often , happened to me and I didn't realize it until I received my I 94 after I landed here last Aug on my 'L1' visa.
                          I spoke with the company lawyers and they were easily able to update the status - and it was updated on the I-94 doc as well.
                          So not much to worry - but of course , you need to follow up and ensure it is corrected

Comment

Hi All,
                            I had recently appeared for L1A interview on aug 2, 2022, but stamp is for L1B. I am writing to consulate support id. There are two specific points I need clarity on:
                            1. Should I request that it is a mistake and consulate has to correct it or shall I not use the word 'mistake' at all.
                            2. I have been promoted on Aug 20, 2022(post L1A interview), shall I mention about it in my mail.
                            Please guide.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards

Comment

Originally posted by amit_pant82 View Post
                              1. Should I request that it is a mistake and consulate has to correct it or shall I not use the word 'mistake' at all.
                              You can mention "Typo" instead of "Mistake".
                              Originally posted by amit_pant82 View Post
                              2. I have been promoted on Aug 20, 2022(post L1A interview), shall I mention about it in my mail.
                              I would not suggest to complicate the situation with designation if the promotion doesn't impact the visa eligibility.
                              - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X