Unpaid internship for experience while waiting for EAD card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unpaid internship for experience while waiting for EAD card

Hi everyone. Currently I am still applying for job while waiting for my EAD card to come (in about 2 months). I recently found an unpaid internship at a small start up and I want to join them to gain some experience. Please keep in mind that they didn't offer me a job and then ask me to do unpaid while waiting for the EAD. The ad I applied to was indeed an unpaid internship ad. There are actually many unpaid interns in the company since I guess they are still small and new.

My question is is it ok for me to join them? I just graduated and didn't have much work experience. When I go out connecting with people in the field, I often got ask what I am doing. I would rather have something to offer to them and some work to talk about than saying I am unemployed and have nothing to do.

My second question is if I do unpaid intern here, can I keep doing it when my EAD card comes, so that my 90 days of unemployment won't be counted while I am looking for a different paid position? Or I need to find a different unpaid internship/volunteer?

Thank you.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X