No announcement yet.

Doubt over B2 vs F2 (graduating in dec)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doubt over B2 vs F2 (graduating in dec)

Hi,
    I am a F1 student doing mscs. The course would be completed in dec, '16.
    I recently got married in May, '16. My wife is currently working in India, and is looking to apply for her masters in US (eventually, trying to get F1 as well)
    She would apply for spring 17 or fall 17.

In the meantime, please let me know what would be the best way to bring her to US.

Case1, apply B2 - fear, she gets rejected with 214b (intent of immigration). That could hamper her chances of getting a F1 next year. Although, she has a job, is sponsored by her mother-in-law.
    Case2, apply F2 - my course is getting completed in dec (4 months from now). f2 paperwork would take another couple of weeks. Not sure, if they would give her a F2 since I would be graduating soon, and dont have OPT / STEM extension untill Jan.
    Case3, wait till she receives an i20 and apply directly for a F1 visa, next year = this would mean another 5-6 months to get an i20 and couple more months till fall '17 starts. I want to use this option only if B2 has high chances of getting rejected under 214(B). She does have a B2 interview on Aug, 19th.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks !

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X