Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1 got extended and H4 dependent is travelling to US with 1 week visa stamping left

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 got extended and H4 dependent is travelling to US with 1 week visa stamping left

Hi experts,

I have few questions please answer at your earliest convenience.

1) My H1 got extended may receive my I-797B in this week. My family is in India and they have their visa stamping till Sept 1st. Getting h4 visa appointment in India is touch for the next month as there is at least 100 days of waiting to get visa appointment. Is it ok for my wife to travel with 1 week of h4 visa remaining with my copy of I-797B?

2) Hope it will be ok to apply for my family H4 as soon as they are here before their visa gets expired Sept 1st?

3) Can I go get my H1 visa stamped in Canada these days?

Many thanks for looking at.

Regards
    V

Originally posted by venkat_254 View Post
    Hi experts,

I have few questions please answer at your earliest convenience.

1) My H1 got extended may receive my I-797B in this week. My family is in India and they have their visa stamping till Sept 1st. Getting h4 visa appointment in India is touch for the next month as there is at least 100 days of waiting to get visa appointment. Is it ok for my wife to travel with 1 week of h4 visa remaining with my copy of I-797B?

2) Hope it will be ok to apply for my family H4 as soon as they are here before their visa gets expired Sept 1st?

3) Can I go get my H1 visa stamped in Canada these days?

Many thanks for looking at.

Regards
    V
    If you are in US, shouldn't you be receiving an I797A instead of an I797B? I797A means your status has been extended beyond current I-94 expiry. I797B means your status is not extend and you need to leave US and re enter.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X