Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2 on OPT for infant

Hi,

I have a F1 visa and recently received my 1 year OPT extension with the EAD card. My wife has a F2 visa valid for 5 years (until 2020) and was with me until December last year after which she returned to India to deliver our baby. Our baby was born in March this year and since then my wife has been in India. We recently applied for my baby's F2 visa on my OPT extension but haven't heard back from the US Consulate in about 2 weeks. The status on the CEAC website has been stuck on "Ready" for two weeks now with no updates since 2nd August. Can someone please tell me what the problem could be? We have tried everything - sent emails, called the helpline etc. - but nothing seems to be working.

I have been without my baby in the US for this last five months and do not want to spend more time without him and my wife alone. Both me and my wife have US visas for five different categories over the last four years and it seems ridiculous to suggest that they can hold back a visa for a 5 month old baby.

Thank you very much for your time and help.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X