Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-140 after F1-OPT

Hi guys,

I am new to this forum. I had a couple of questions regarding my GC process.

I am currently on F1-OPT and it expires in June 2018. My current employer has decided to file for my GC (in EB3 category which I will move to EB2 after a couple of years of experience). I had applied to H1B this year but did not get selected in the lottery. I will be applying again for H1B in April 2017. Regarding my background, I have not been on H1B prior to my current status of F1-OPT. F1 is the the only status I have been in since I entered US.

My questions are:
    1. Can my employer file for PERM and I-140 while I am on F1 (I personally think that this would be a violation of F1 status). However, I only want to get a priority date with the current employer.
    2. If we can file for PERM and I-140, what effect will it have on my F1 status except the fact that I wont be able to travel outside US, while on F1 (considering I-140 is approved)
    3. Which document specifies the priority date, is it I-140 or the I-485 ? I am currently not looking for adjustment of status under F1. I would only apply for adjustment of status once I have H1B.
    4. Is is possible to get a priority date on F1-OPT ? I am aware of the fact that if my I-140 is approved, I wont be able to travel outside US till the time I get H1b, this is fine with me. I am currently only concerned on getting a priority date.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X