• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I reject a company after H1 is filed

Hello All

How are you doing!
    I'm in a really confused state.
    I'm into consulting/contracting through my employer on H1 , and I'm working at a client place now.
    I've got a Full time position in Oracle Corporation. They have filed my H1-B and got the receipt number, and they had given my joining date in a month. When I told about my resignation to my employer, he is ok. When I told the same to my client, they are very disappointed to lose me and offered me a full-time position in their company itself. The company is a very reputed forbes top 50 company.

My question now is -- Can I reject the offer from Oracle now and take up this offer from my client(they are willing to process my h1 and greencard) - given the fact that Oracle has spent so much of money on filing my h1 and interview process, and lawyers are involved who filed my H1. Am i bound to stay with them as they had already filed my H1-B? Am I legally bound? Even if not legally bound, what can the company do to me and my stay in USA, and my career in this case?

The client gave me a better offer in the Midwest than Oracle in SFO.

Originally posted by Sai Kiran View Post
    Hello All

How are you doing!
    I'm in a really confused state.
    I'm into consulting/contracting through my employer on H1 , and I'm working at a client place now.
    I've got a Full time position in Oracle Corporation. They have filed my H1-B and got the receipt number, and they had given my joining date in a month. When I told about my resignation to my employer, he is ok. When I told the same to my client, they are very disappointed to lose me and offered me a full-time position in their company itself. The company is a very reputed forbes top 50 company.

My question now is -- Can I reject the offer from Oracle now and take up this offer from my client(they are willing to process my h1 and greencard) - given the fact that Oracle has spent so much of money on filing my h1 and interview process, and lawyers are involved who filed my H1. Am i bound to stay with them as they had already filed my H1-B? Am I legally bound? Even if not legally bound, what can the company do to me and my stay in USA, and my career in this case?

The client gave me a better offer in the Midwest than Oracle in SFO.
    Yes, you can reject the offer. If you have signed any agreement with them then you might have to run it by an attorney regarding your liability in case of you rejecting the offer.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X