Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1B Renewal , recommended cities outside India?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Renewal , recommended cities outside India?

Hi,

I am looking for options to quickly renew my approved H1B visa. The options for stamping are:

Tijuana
    Mexico City
    Vancouver
    Calgary

About my H1B application:
    ---------------------
    Approved H1B from same employer.
    Have been 'On Status' till start.
    No change of visa type
    First time renewal
    Applied for I-140, decision pending, PERM is done

City Options:
    ------------

1) Tijuana: I am seriously considering going to Tijuana border, since there are quite a lot of people posting their experiences about successfully getting their visa stamped here.
    Pros: It's also convenient, since I live in the Bay Area, and its easier to travel to San Diego, and get this sorted out within 1 week max. The process is quicker (3-4 days?)
    Cons: However, well wishers are advising me to not go there, because of it's reputation(being one of the unsafest Mexican cities, kidnappings, homicides, drug trafficking, etc.).

2) Mexico City : This is another option (safer than Tijuana), not sure how good the success rate is here. Also, the cost of travel & stay is going to be much more expensive. Not sure how long the processing time will be.

3) Vancouver & Calgary : These are two other options. But I have heard that the wait time is long, and these most often turn away TCN applicants to go back to India for stamping. Is this true? Have also heard about long processing times.
    Tijuana
    0%
    Mexico City
    0%
    Vancouver
    0%
    Calgary
    0%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by earthenflames; 08-12-2016, 06:21 PM.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X