Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1-B Visa transfer before october 2016

Hello everyone,

I have been an employee of a good consulting firm and have been working in the US for an year and a half on F1-OPT. Fortunately my H1-B visa has been approved and is set to begin from October 2016. However in this period I pursued a good job opportunity and cleared the interview process and have been offered a full time job.

I am set to begin employment with the new company in two weeks ( I can push the start date).

I am facing a immigration situation. I have to join the new company on F1-OPT. Should (Can) the new company initiate a H1-B visa transfer immediately? Or should they file a new H1-B petition? Are there any downside to initiating a transfer of H1-B visa before October 1st?

Should I wait till October 1st 2016 to start my employment with new company and then ask them to initiate a transfer?

I have spoken to my current employer and they have no issues with me ending my employment with them and they are being more than helpful.

If anyone has been in this situation or completed such a process kindly advice on the path to retain my H1-B work authorization and my new job offer. If anyone is aware of any documents that are mandatorily required from my previous employer, kindly advice on them as well.

Again, thank you very much for all your advice and help.

Thanks

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X